Finally a Little Rain

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I got everything planted yesterday, now fingers are crossed that Mother Nature keeps giving us a little rain.

I can't believe you didn't get rained out. It rained on us all weekend long. Everything I got plowed has turned to red soup. Wx is supposed to get better next week so I'll be back down to finish up as soon as the ground is dry enough.

I've gone from dry as a popcorn poot and dirt won't turn to kickin' and gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer. :rolleyes:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I don’t have none for the rest of this week in tge forecast.

Same here. I'm gonna be all over it like a cheap suit come next Wednesday. I'm tired of fooling with it. :bounce:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Don’t wash it. Let it wear off around lanta

I would but I need to get a coat of wax on it to get it through winter. Deer season is here so I won't have much time to fool with keeping it clean. :bounce:

davidhelmly

I can't believe you didn't get rained out. It rained on us all weekend long. Everything I got plowed has turned to red soup. Wx is supposed to get better next week so I'll be back down to finish up as soon as the ground is dry enough.

I've gone from dry as a popcorn poot and dirt won't turn to kickin' and gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer. :rolleyes:
Lee, it rained on me all day too but since I don't plow anything the ground was actually perfect.

Here is a quick look how it planted.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Lee, it rained on me all day too but since I don't plow anything the ground was actually perfect.

I need to get me one a them thangs! :bounce: :rockon:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That is the best hunting money I ever spent, my only regret is that I didn't buy one 10 years sooner!

Since I'm retired against my will my labor comes cheap. I'll bet that thing put you back a pretty penny. I'd still like to have one though. :bounce: :rockon:

Man I’m a tell you when I first started watching it, my first thought was that’s the fastest tractor I ever seen planting !!! Lol.. then I realized it was speeded up..
question with the thatch on top the ground you don’t have issues with it stopping up the coulters ?

davidhelmly

Man I’m a tell you when I first started watching it, my first thought was that’s the fastest tractor I ever seen planting !!! Lol.. then I realized it was speeded up..
question with the thatch on top the ground you don’t have issues with it stopping up the coulters ?
Lolol, that would be some speed planting. It's not a true No-till so it doesn't have coulters, Woods calls it a minimal-till planter. It actually has notched discs like a harrow, if it's really wet and I run thru an area that is just mud it will occasionally plug up a seed tube on the big seed box and once in a while the small seed box too, it's only happened once or twice in a bunch of acres.

Lolol, that would be some speed planting. It's not a true No-till so it doesn't have coulters, Woods calls it a minimal-till planter. It actually has notched discs like a harrow, if it's really wet and I run thru an area that is just mud it will occasionally plug up a seed tube on the big seed box and once in a while the small seed box too, it's only happened once or twice in a bunch of acres.
Guy in our club as something similar . His is a kasco. Seems him telling me if the thatch is too thick or is was too wet it stops something up where the seed doesn’t come out

Latest posts