Fishing around Loganville, GA

Codyw1985

Hello,

I'm originally from Middle Georgia, Adrian area. Been living up here around Loganville for a few years now. I know there's plenty of lakes close by. I'm looking for public ponds or creeks.

Teh Wicked

Ft Yargo has some fish, but its a hard lake to fish, high pressure. Having a kayak would make you a lot more effective on it. Also I hear there are plenty of carp in that lake so if that's your gig, they sure are a fun fight. Took a buddy carp fishing last year and the first one he tango with was probably around 12-15lb.

615groundpounder

Closest decent sized lakes around you are Tribble Mill, Fort Yargo, Varner, and Black Shoals. Tribble Mill is free, Yargo have to buy a park pass, Varner free if a Walton or Newton Co resident, Black Shoals free if a Rockdale Co resident.

Codyw1985

Ft Yargo has some fish, but its a hard lake to fish, high pressure. Having a kayak would make you a lot more effective on it. Also I hear there are plenty of carp in that lake so if that's your gig, they sure are a fun fight. Took a buddy carp fishing last year and the first one he tango with was probably around 12-15lb.
Yeah, I went fishing at fort yargo last week. I caught a good size carp on a hotdogs.

Last edited:

Dreamer69

I live in Loganville also. I have fished Black Shoals when I first moved up here. Never been to Varner or the other places listed above. My son has fished Varner and loves it. He also fished the Hard Labor Creek Reservoir. There is nice fish in there and it is deep. i just go to Lake Sinclair and Oconee.

Teh Wicked

I'm moving to Winder in a couple weeks, but I will still venture over to Lanier, the Chattahoochee and up to the Chestatee at times for some adventure.

yakangler

For $300 a year you can come join our neighborhood lake. Low fishing pressure, 8lb+ bass so far. Very close to Loganville. Your membership money goes directly into improving the fishing in the lake.

Teh Wicked

For $300 a year you can come join our neighborhood lake. Low fishing pressure, 8lb+ bass so far. Very close to Loganville. Your membership money goes directly into improving the fishing in the lake.

I know of very few people that would pay that rate, especially year after year. You would be better off charging daily rates like other big bass communities do and limit the number of anglers or even the days it can be fished. $300 annual to fish a body of water is pretty steep. THe pond in my HOA has a known 7lb and a rumor of 12lb.

Mickey Flatshoals

I know of very few people that would pay that rate, especially year after year. You would be better off charging daily rates like other big bass communities do and limit the number of anglers or even the days it can be fished. $300 annual to fish a body of water is pretty steep. THe pond in my HOA has a known 7lb and a rumor of 12lb.

Where can someone get access to one of these said ponds? I'd be fine with paying a daily or yearly rate. Direct message me if needed.

yakangler

We want to keep the fishing pressure low, not looking to add a ton of people. Also do not want to deal with the hassle of making it a daily rate lake.

We are looking for people that live in the area and want to have a great place to fish over the years. All the money for memberships will go directly into making the lake better for fishing.

The $300 also gets you access to our pool and tennis courts, pretty cheap for everything you get.

Teh Wicked

I’ve seen the PFAs and WMA’s. I’m looking for something private.

There are several around, anywhere from $25-$50 per day for a fisherman, I don't recall their names. One really good one in is Alabama, average size is 8lb. but they only let guys fish it a couple days per week and only so many guys allowed on the water at once.

www.google.com is your friend