Florida Lobster?

krizia829

Any of you guys come down to FL for mini lobster season last week? I couldn't make it out due to work but my husband went out and got some! Pan cooked them in garlic butter served over white rice. So good!!

How did you do and what's your favorite way of eating lobster?

pottydoc

Take a pair of shears and split them Donna the top of the shell. Butterfly them, season to taste, and grill shell side down. Right about the time they're done, flip them over to get a little charred. An easy way is to remove the meat from the shell, cut into bite size pieces, and sauté in butter, or blackened.
I haven't been in about 10-12 years myself. And I don't come down to FL, I live here. ?

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone know if you can successfully snorkel for lobsters from the state parks/public areas?
Thinking about going down for a long weekend & won't have a boat.
Never snorkeled for lobsters before.

krizia829

Take a pair of shears and split them Donna the top of the shell. Butterfly them, season to taste, and grill shell side down. Right about the time they're done, flip them over to get a little charred. An easy way is to remove the meat from the shell, cut into bite size pieces, and sauté in butter, or blackened.
I haven't been in about 10-12 years myself. And I don't come down to FL, I live here. ?

Sounds delicious! I've been hunting and fishing my whole life, haven't been scuba diving in years and when I was going to go free diving for mini season last year, I caught covid pretty bad. I have yet to go! I'm 20 minutes from the water and it gets harder every year to go out. It's horrible! lol

krizia829

Does anyone know if you can successfully snorkel for lobsters from the state parks/public areas?
Thinking about going down for a long weekend & won't have a boat.
Never snorkeled for lobsters before.

Just be careful getting close to any sanctuaries! FWC is on top of everyone out here. I believe near some of those bridges people fish from you may be able to but don't quote me on it!! ALWAYS make sure you check where you can and can't go. Rules change here all the time

krizia829

We were supposed to go last August. Would have been our first time. Had to cancel due to just getting out of rehab from covid. About to make reservations for next year.

Same here! I was grabbing some last minute things at bass pro 3 days before mini season when I suddenly felt horrible and had to sit down at the store for a few minutes. It started with some lower back discomfort, chills then fever and once I realized I couldn't smell or taste anything, my whole trip was ruined. Caught covid and ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. Worst feeling in the world

krizia829

I’d love to try that. Good friend of mine goes to big pine key every year for mini season and they always limit out. This years take…
View attachment 1167652View attachment 1167654

That was a very good trip from what I see! Awesome job to them! I'm hoping to be able to go out for regular lobster season this year. It's not easy once you have kids and they're still small..

slow motion

They’ll be big enough to join you before you know it. My “little one” turned 30 and seems like it happened in a blink of an eye.
Know the feeling. My youngest is 30 also.

Latest posts