For you hunters 55 and older

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am 72, and health issues have slowed me down a lot. I can no longer climb a tree. My Balance is about shot and I have a hard time navigating rough terrain. I could sit on the ground, but then getting back on my feet is an ordeal. I still try to go a few times each year after Deer or turkey, but I have to set in a chair. I have an extremely hard time trying to filed dress a deer and I am scared of falling and not being able to get back up. I still dove hunt, and able to quail hunt on decent terrain. I will continues as long as I am not a danger to myself or anyone else. I love hunting and have spent a lifetime doing it.

DEERFU

All this points to an aging hunter population.
Let's all do our part to recruiting some new young hunters.
Did well with my son till he went to college. Think he likes the women folk and drankin better. Workin on my grandsons now. Stage iv throat cancer and all the health issues and procedures that come with it have slowed me way down. I'm 51

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Did well with my son till he went to college. Think he likes the women folk and drankin better. Workin on my grandsons now. Stage iv throat cancer and all the health issues and procedures that come with it have slowed me way down. I'm 51
Teach em well. They will remember you forever and be eternally grateful to you for it.

Mark K

Banned
Only 50 but I’ve told my sons if they find me dead propped up against a tree and a spent shell in the chamber to find that turkey before they carry me out. If I’m gonna go I hope and pray it’s somewhere in the woods doing what I love.

one hogman

Just a spring chicken Myself, 66 years young, If I am alive I plan to be in the woods, hunting fishing, trapping, riding my, ATV, or old tractor, I feel SO sorry for the city slickers in this world that just don't know what they are missing, !!

one hogman

Hey Anyone heard from mr. Raleigh Tabor, Sharpesblades!! I hope he is doing OK, he sure has dropped off the radar lately...!!

danlnga

Will be 79 this week. Spent all day Tuesday mowing food plots...HOT!!, but it is still good to get out. I move slower but then I see more, including timber rattlers. It is good to get a rest to shoot off of but OK with no rest inside of 50 yards. I hunt alone some, but I have cell service & maybe 20 minutes from emergency help (County Fire/EMT) When it is my time to go, I cannot think of a better way that leaning back on a white oak in late November.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Any of you young men near Milkman and me we need to hit Pot Luck for breakfast early one morning and have a biscuit and share some stories.

Great idea.

Gentlemen
The place Miguel mentions is a popular breakfast restaurant in Monroe Ga. Walton county. That’s about 20 miles west of Athens and 30 miles east of Stone Mountain.

Maybe we could pick a Saturday morning before the ? season gets here.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I don't know nuttin bout no Pot Luck but I could make it to Miss Janes over in Warrenton just about any morning saving maybe rifle opener.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I don't know nuttin bout no Pot Luck but I could make it to Miss Janes over in Warrenton just about any morning saving maybe rifle opener.

So Jim if us “metro” area old dudes meet at Potluck one morning you are gonna jine in by eating at Miss Janes the same morning?? ::ke:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Not in the 55 and older group yet...........but happy to see there are those that are and willing to keep on keeping on.

4 wheelers and golf carts can be a helpful tools..............use them!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
So Jim if us “metro” area old dudes meet at Potluck one morning you are gonna jine in by eating at Miss Janes the same morning?? ::ke:

I'd be with you in spirit and good vittles, or y'all could come down & join me. I'd be good for the communal tip.

barongan

Pretty interesting posting
o.png