Fort Yargo SUnday 7-2-06

Cameron197

I need a place to vent!!!:mad: We went to Yargo Sunday to get the boat in the water for the first time since the first Sat in June an do a little fishin'. It started as a typical day on Yargo. (Nothing!!!) Fish all of the normal hang outs. about 7:30 we decided to go to fish the hump. I tied on a brand new BPS XPS spinner and threw it over the hump. Being lacking in brain cells, I forgot to set the reel for the lighter weight and got one nasty backlash. After getting every thing fixed I started rolling it across the hump and BANG. After a 30 sec. fight the line went limp. As I started reeling I realized that the lure was gone. pinkiepinkiepinkiepinkiepinkiepinkie off now, my buddy said I was just hung up. As I was trying to tell him no the line was running all over the place the fish jumped 3' into the air with that spinner clanking on his head. So if anybody is lucky and can get him. Keep him I offer a $3 reward for the spinner bait !!! :bounce:

Cameron197

kevincox said:
How big do you think he was?

Between 3-5 lbs. I know I was trying to reel but he was srtiping line off of it. Thinking on putting on a big pay-out tourny on the lake in November. Anyone interested let me know.

Cameron

Cameron197

Well i did it agane Sat. Fishing the same area and lost on with a chatterbait. I thing I'm not going to use the Berkely Vanish anymore. 2 lost due to line breaking in one week?
Bothe times new line? I think they have a problem in the formula.:mad: :mad: :mad: