Found some real black powder finally. Been looking for some

godogs57

Figured I'd post what 90% of you fine folks probably already know. I have been looking for black powder for a good while and have not found a teaspoon from the Albany area clean up to North Carolina.

Well, it seems Bass Pro Shops has it, and always has. As one other person on this board told me, you have to ask for it. That would be correct, as it's classified as an explosive. They keep it in the back, locked up.

I visited the BPS in Macon Saturady and asked the sweet lady at the gun counter for some FFG and FFFG and she said "Sure...just a minute and I'll be back". No problems...I asked her if I was just lucky or do they have it all the time and she replied that they keep a good supply on hand pretty much all the time, as do all the BPS stores.

Learn something new every day.

godogs57

Got one FFG and one FFFG....the FFFG is for my 45 cal T/C Seneca. I have two 54 cal's: T/C Hawken and Renegade....I should have gotten another can of FFG.

I figured if they keep it on hand all the time, I'll just go back and get another can when I need it. Might need to invest in another can or two before the Politically Correct crowd makes BPS drop the stuff from their inventory.

mmarkey

Figured I'd post what 90% of you fine folks probably already know. I have been looking for black powder for a good while and have not found a teaspoon from the Albany area clean up to North Carolina.

Well, it seems Bass Pro Shops has it, and always has. As one other person on this board told me, you have to ask for it. That would be correct, as it's classified as an explosive. They keep it in the back, locked up.

I visited the BPS in Macon Saturady and asked the sweet lady at the gun counter for some FFG and FFFG and she said "Sure...just a minute and I'll be back". No problems...I asked her if I was just lucky or do they have it all the time and she replied that they keep a good supply on hand pretty much all the time, as do all the BPS stores.

Learn something new every day.

How much are they getting for a pound of GOEX?

godogs57

$24.99 a can......not cheap, but at least they got it! MMarkey, Loved your pistol on the other thread....what a looker.

snuffy

Was in the Macon Bass Pro today and was informed they DO NOT carry black powder anymore.
Way to go Bass Pro!

01Foreman400

Staff member
I just order online and bite the bullet on shipping. I'll buy enough to last several years.

Bill Mc

Deercreek Gun Shop in Marietta will have it unless they sell out.

mmarkey

Gentlemen,
I've posted this before and I'll do it again. You can get black powder on-line from several sources for much less than $26 a pound, and NO SHIPPING. Just shop around a little and be willing to buy a quantity. I use Jackspowderkeg.com
My last shipment of powder was $15 per pound and they will mix granulations for you. You need to buy 25 pounds, and submit a certificate that you're not a lunatic, or terrorist and that it's for your own personal use and not for sale. Save yourself about $275. I'm not advocating Jack's there are several online with similar deals.

pdsniper

I finally got my hands on some Swiss black powder back in June after reading about how good it is for years and boy were they ever right I shoot it in my Whitworth rifle

Darkhorse

MMarkey is right with this. What I can't understand is why more people don't just get a supply shipped to your door. Most of these sellers will mix grades if you ask. The last I bought I asked for 3 cans of 4fg to be included in my order, so what I got was 22 cans of 2fg and 3 cans of 4fg.
Shop around for the best price then get a buddy or two to share the price. No more hunting from north to south looking for the real thing as now you have a supply in your closet.
The last time I bought any was from these guys and today's price was $16.75 a pound.
http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/vendor/vendorId/39

snuffy

I finally got my hands on some Swiss black powder back in June after reading about how good it is for years and boy were they ever right I shoot it in my Whitworth rifle

How is it better than Goex? Anyone else use it?