Foxtrot Ammo

Gator89

I poking around on Gobbler Nation reading up on 28 gauge chokes. I ended up reading Foxtrot Ammo's good reviews.

I have ammo from Apex and Rogue, both of which are roll crimped with the card on top of the shot.

Foxtrot ammo has a folded crimp, so I bought a five pack in both 20 and 28.

I have run about 10 rounds of 3" Apex through my M2 20 since I bought it in 2019, of those one hull failed to eject, the rest worked fine. Now I have fired dozens of 3" folded crimp ammo through my shotguns without any malfunctions.

So, if roll crimped ammo has ever caused you a problem, here is a fold crimped option to try.

https://foxtrotammo.com/

cowhornedspike

I load my own (and I roll crimp) but if I were purchasing ammo it would be Foxtrot.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Wow those are $10 more a box than Apex. Wonder when folks will say enough is enough on this TSS price and go back to other loads?

Gator89

Wow those are $10 more a box than Apex. Wonder when folks will say enough is enough on this TSS price and go back to other loads?

I certainly won't pay that for dove or pheasant ammo, but if I bust two gobblers per season, the TSS ammo will likely be the lowest cost of the hunt.

I bought 2 boxes of Apex in 2019. I shot 2 rounds testing chokes, 3 rounds at hogs*, 5 rounds at turkeys.

*I popped a sow at 10 yards, then tried shooting the pigs like rabbits, but missed.

Gut_Pile

I poking around on Gobbler Nation reading up on 28 gauge chokes. I ended up reading Foxtrot Ammo's good reviews.

I have ammo from Apex and Rogue, both of which are roll crimped with the card on top of the shot.

Foxtrot ammo has a folded crimp, so I bought a five pack in both 20 and 28.

I have run about 10 rounds of 3" Apex through my M2 20 since I bought it in 2019, of those one hull failed to eject, the rest worked fine. Now I have fired dozens of 3" folded crimp ammo through my shotguns without any malfunctions.

So, if roll crimped ammo has ever caused you a problem, here is a fold crimped option to try.

https://foxtrotammo.com/

m2's are known for needing a trimmed hull to properly cycle. The foxtrot are probably trimmed where the rouge and apex are not

SwampMoss

Thanks for posting. They look good. If I didn't have a bunch of federal tss 20's #9 I would give them a try.

Gut_Pile

So, I can load an Apex or Rogue first, use the Foxtrot for to pull off a double.

theoretically, yes

might want to try it one the pattern board first though just to see if it cycles correctly

Gator89

theoretically, yes

might want to try it one the pattern board first though just to see if it cycles correctly

Absolutely, always pattern a new brand of shogun ammo.

Check zero when necessary to switch brands of rifle ammo, too.

deast1988

I’ve got some Foxtrot legends and the cherry bombs, they are cream of the crop.

Hand loads
Foxtrot
Nitro
Apex

Is how I rate tss. I’ve had hand loads jam in my 1301 pro comp.

six

Foxtrot is what I have shot the last few seasons. No issues in any of my guns and throws a wicked hunting pattern, or if your into counting holes in a 10” circle he has that covered as well. Great performing shells, and Brice is a good ole boy to boot. So it’s a win win no brainer for me.

Last edited: