Question on Apex vs Federal Premium TSS...

I’ve got a Baikal(Russian Remington) semi-auto 12 ga. Shooting Winchester #s 5&6 in 3”. Black box like @antharper has and the silver box Turkey load.

Ok, these chokes are 20ga models right? I was looking at these numbers and getting baffled. I have a Turkey choke that’s a .665. This gun takes a tru-choke thread and it ain’t been easy to find them. Before that I had a .700 which was listed as full Turkey……I think the .665 is super full

Look at colonial choke and tool out of bama for a good tru-choke threaded choke. I use them in several of my guns as i have had several cut and threaded thus tru-choke threads are the result. Agreed, its slim pickings. Indian creek has them too if you call direct, i have one in 20g tru choke.

For the 12g colonial, i like their .670 and its literally an OG star dot choke (some folks get excited at that), and they pattern generous for those who want a uniform 40 yard and in pattern.

Props on the 12g, i find them the most fun for killing a bird, it never gets old. The lightest gun in the image here is a 12 gauge at 6.5 pounds, lesser pounds than any of my semi auto 20 gauges :)

The colonials are on the left and the open pattern pic is at 40 with 2oz of 9s per the .670 colonial.

The 5s/6s might light something like the sumtoy on the right, he does tru-choke as well.

Kicks also makes a good tru-choke thread.
Screenshot_20230209_192641_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230313_070501_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230313_070501_Gallery.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: