Fubo or YouTube TV…

gb1194

Looking at getting away from satellite tv(Direct TV). I live in the sticks and currently have a TMobile internet setup, works great for my needs. Looking at Fubo or YouTube Tv as a streaming service. Good reviews and good channel lineups on both.My main concern is catching college football. Both say they support local networks. CBS carries a lot of games during the season. Both also carry ESPN and the SEC network. I plan on trying YouTube Tv free trial before I dump satellite. Just wondering if anyone has a similar situation as mine and your experience with either if you’ve tried them. Thanks in advance…

Timberman

I have fubo and like it. I haven’t had any problems watching college football

Hillbilly stalker

I started to subscribe to “You tube Tv”, then I found out you can watch all the big football games on regular you tube. Including Georgia bulldogs. We just use a Rocky tv and a fire stick, no special streaming service at all.

hipster dufus

Dropped dish tv in aug, i use hulu live. 50$ a mo first 3 mo, then 70$. 2 people, 10 devices on my xfinitl internet. Just got a warning txt from xfinity on data usage. Luckily the billing cycle is almost over. Iam quite happy w hulu live. Get college, nhl, nba, nfl. Live. If u hav unlimited internet i would try iit. Works great on my tcl tv, hav had a hiccup or 2 on my vizio. Nothing that unplugging tv cant solve.

REDMOND1858

Can’t go wrong with either one. Iv had just about all of them, and the 2 you mentioned are the only 2 I would spend money one. Not much difference in the two. I will say Fubo is much easier to access and edit your account. YouTubeTV is quite difficult and requires access to a desktop computer and a google/gmail account to edit changes to your account/cancel. Fubo is as simple as open the app and click what you want to do.

TomC

For the $ YouTube TV is great. Canceled Dish a couple months ago. I don't see anything difficult with YouTube TV but that's just been my experience. Highly recommended!

ucfireman

I don't think either has Bally Sports so you will miss most of the Braves if that is a concern.
Only one I found that has Bally is Direct Stream.
But I still have cable so I cannot comment yet.

Dub

I dropped cable a few years ago....went to DirectTV.

I became very aggravated when signal would be lost during wind or rain.....dropped DirectTV six months ago and went with YouTubeTV.

I've been pleased with YouTubeTV and it's amount of coverage. I did keep Netflix & Prime, too,.

freedog74

We have YouTube TV now for about a year and we are very please with it. Also like Dub said we did keep Netflix and Prime as well.

MudDucker

Staff member
YouTubeTV has the best video compression in the business. What that means is you get more reliable service on slower internet speeds.

breathe in

I have had yt tv for about a year or so, it's good.

I had sling and liked it much better. it kept dropping out and losing signal I guess for what mud ducker mentioned above? no prob with yt tv.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Are y’all still satisfied with YouTube tv? About to get fiber internet probably gonna ditch dish soon after

greg_n_clayton

I started to subscribe to “You tube Tv”, then I found out you can watch all the big football games on regular you tube. Including Georgia bulldogs. We just use a Rocky tv and a fire stick, no special streaming service at all.
How are you getting college ball on plain you tube ?

Big7

The Oracle
I have Youtubetv and have been satisfied for the most part. No problems with college football but just like everything else gets hard to find something I want to watch.
LOT of hunting/fishing/shooting shows on YouTube.

And... A LOT of live classic concert footage on there if you like that kind of stuff.

I never have messed with the other ones much so I don't know.

oldfella1962

My kids (now in their early 30's) only watch TV on you tube & streaming channels. They have no idea of what is on any regular network TV. They also don't listen to any radio. Interesting how media & entertainment changes over the generations.