Game Warden says....

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Hey Coon Dog this makes 135. Are you and Scschep gonna' modify your bet to "over/under" or wait and see?

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I hope that only senior Lifetime Sportsman License holders can get the permit and it should be free. Us old folk need all the advantage we can get. :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

DDD

Winter Weatherman
I know form a farmers standpoint when we have a sick animal the very first thing we do is to isolate that animal from the rest of the herd.I have seen certain disease's spread like wildfire simply because the animals were drinking from the same trough.Hogs are the best example of this since they are animals that touch each other with their noses regularly.The only thing we have had to keep this from happening to the deer herd is we haven't had a disease as yet.If we do it will spread through a given herd of deer and when we as hunters realize it is or has happened it will be too late.

Cal, sometimes you just can't make people get it, but to make a point, you can feed deer corn, suplementle whatever year round, except you can't hunt over it during deer season. If CWD comes in a bag, it very well could come in March, July, August...anytime.

I think to the point about GON subscribers not supporting it, I would say most are "Hunters" and "Managers" and if they are smart and ethical, now how to grow their deer heard and manage their deer heard, with out having to change the current law. I think "hunting" over bait is nothing more than convience.

With the lastest numbers released this week about deer vs. car accidents down by 10,000 I think you begin to understand that the hunters are starting to make a difference with out a feeder in sight.

big buck blaster

peanut butter,molassas,syurp,honey,ect: thats baiting. feeding something nutriouis is not. I have decided after the last three years of low fawn numbers on my privite property,that I am going to feed this year,whether you can hunt near them or not. my does must need more food because we have never seen one in three years with two fawns.they either have one or none,and we have very low deer numbers overall.this is in taylor county.also I have had 15 acers planted in rye,wheat,oats,and clover for the last two years,and still see very few deer.

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

elfiii said:
Hey Coon Dog this makes 135. Are you and Scschep gonna' modify your bet to "over/under" or wait and see?
:rofl: ...........wait and see...........:D

kcausey

Banned
Fees

About 90% of the 1/2 way ethical hunters i know will consider the legalization of hunting over feeders a big GREEN light. They ain't gonna pay the tag fee if it's over $30!!! And, they ain't gonna get caught.
I know two guys right now that hunt over feeders all year long and both kill big bucks over them, and never tag them. I have turned them in at least three times...one finally got a ticket this past year for not tagging an 8 pointer....too bad the warden didn't wanna see where he shot him.......It'll be bogus, tag fee or not!
KIP

I bet the price of a bag of corn in Georgia will increase by 200% if so legalized to hunt over.

Last edited:

Just 1 More

kcausey said:
I bet the price of a bag of corn in Georgia will increase by 200% if so legalized to hunt over.
Didn't effect the price down here.. or in Texas.. or in SC.. anyone know anywhere that increased the cost of corn because it was legeal to use???

Donkeytoe

Maybe it's supply and demand ::ke: When legalized everybody will run out and buy 1000 lbs and the market will be dried up. It's not like that stuff grows on trees..........:bounce: