Getting a little bit antsy

The Fever

Am I the only one getting antsy waiting on deer season? I am running mineral licks, shooting the bow, planning to mow and plant food plots, mending tree stands, shooting the bow, getting to know the new camera for filming hunts....I keep thinking I'm going to wake up one morning it will be September.

I am even running out of new hunting videos to watch...

Any suggestions??? ::; ::;

fountain

I got nothing....it's entirely too hot to be thinking about hunting for me. Good luck with your search

Take the new camera and video some shooting sessions..big Ricky will love it

rjcruiser

Get married and have young kids. The two best ways to solve the "I've got enough time to think about hunting in June" thoughts. :)

The Fever

Get married and have young kids. The two best ways to solve the "I've got enough time to think about hunting in June" thoughts. :)

I am married, I am hoping to put off the kids for a while. I am busy as sin working on things for my wife and traveling with her. Still right there on my mind.

The Fever

I got nothing....it's entirely too hot to be thinking about hunting for me. Good luck with your search

Take the new camera and video some shooting sessions..big Ricky will love it

HA! Big ricky!!! I may just do that. Just need a good name

So you dont have any thoughts about hunting but your on the bowhunting forum?!?! ::ke:::ke:

turkeyhunter835

BANNED !!!

This right here. Time will fly by then... I have all girls and there is never a dull moment around the house.

Hunter922

Kids will for sure cure the to much time on your hands issue. As for hunting, The next few months are the worst. Hot, Humid , the season is not so far away but yet still a ways away. :banginghe. Been in the antsy mode before it's tough to shake.. Shooting 3D tourneys has helped us bridge the gap..

Bucky T

GONetwork Member

:rofl:

You got that right! But... I'm always thinking about opening day.

I'll get out and start putting some cams up around mid June. I'll get out and check my stands and hang a couple around the end of July.

Tank1202

Was scouting our lease this morning on Google Earth. Need to go check out a few places next weekend. I try to shot about every other day. Matter of fact, I think I will go climb in my backyard ladder stand a kill some foam.

Joe Brandon

Man I am right there with you. It seems like once the season is over it starts right away, the itch that is. Heck fishing dose not even patch it up anymore lol. The truth is bow season is just a few months away. before you know it you'll be sitting in your stand thinking 'gosh time flies by, it seems like just yest I was wishing it was hunting season and here it is, where does the time go'.

countryboy27012

HA! Big ricky!!! I may just do that. Just need a good name

How about "High Fever"??? :bounce:

If your really feeling antsy, you can come on over and help me build that target I have been wanting to build for a few months now....

The Fever

How about "High Fever"??? :bounce:

If your really feeling antsy, you can come on over and help me build that target I have been wanting to build for a few months now....

Dude, I have been waiting on you! ! ! When is that schedule going to clear up? I am about 45 days from starting some public land scouting.

countryboy27012

Dude, I have been waiting on you! ! ! When is that schedule going to clear up? I am about 45 days from starting some public land scouting.

Man, You know my schedule is nuttier than squirrel! I'm going to get a material list later this week and hopefully get the stuff at the beginning of next week.

So, what you think about the name, High Fever?

I think we should vote on it! :yeah:

oldfella1962

Yes I'm antsy. But since I hunt public land I am not busy with food plots or hanging stands (I ground hunt) or anything too extensive. I've done some recon but this year I'm hunting spots that I overlooked before because they are a long walk in and a long drag out with a deer. No signs of other hunters - no old trail marking tape , and I've never seen a stand even in several years of hiking the area. I've never seen a boot-print, tire track, nothing. I was thinking about building some natural ground blinds, but decided against that. It seems every time I really go all out to make the perfect blind in the perfect spot I never see anything in that spot again. If I just take 10 minutes to cut some shooting lanes and a spot to set up my seat the day I'm hunting I see plenty. Go figure! :crazy: