Ghost peppers

tr21

I worked my way up to Reapers, started out just eating a small bit, till it didn't bother me.

Then I would go a little bigger, after a couple of several months I could bite one and it not bother me. That's was just a self experiment.

Now when we grow Ghost and Reapers we normally run them through a juicer to mix in chilly and to really mix with anything you want to add heat to.

A little goes along way when you juice them.
I knew there was a reason we get along so good ! Fire eatin bro's :rockon:

Big7

The Oracle
Well, the folks in India use them to keep elephants out of their fields instead of eating. I love spicy food, but anything that hot is useless, IMO. And literally dangerous.
Ditto for me. Anything hotter than a Cayenne or Tabasco Pepper is off limits. :bounce:

2 of those Reapers or Ghost Pepper to a QUART of apple cider vinegar would be about right for good pepper sauce.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Ditto for me. Anything hotter than a Cayenne or Tabasco Pepper is off limits. :bounce:

2 of those Reapers or Ghost Pepper to a QUART of apple cider vinegar would be about right for good pepper sauce.
Probably a gallon jug, them Reapers ain't for the faint of heart!!

HermanMerman

Salsa sounds like a good idea to me.

crackerdave

Anybody ever had datil peppers?
Same flavor as habaneros,about half the heat.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

I like em and like the sauce made from them. I had a Minorcan Aunt who made a really good sauce. Unfortunately I never got her recipe.

Geffellz18

Never had the actual pepper, but the Firehouse subs hot sauce is made with them and I really like it-Although I wouldn’t call their sauce hot at all.
Capt. Sorensen’s Datil pepper sauce is the name.

DynamicDennis

Don't touch your face or other "sensitive" areas after handling, or wear gloves. Ask me how I know

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I tried some that somebody had at a Woody's get together once. I think it was you that had it, maybe. I remember it was good.

DynamicDennis

In fact, I think I would rather eat medium, rare, gas station, chicken wings. Then ever eat another dry ghost chili