Ghost peppers

Waddams

Datils are great, we have friends in Jacksonsville that send us datil hot sauce occasionally.

I grew chocolate ghost peppers once. The handling precautions (gloves/eyes/breathing) are legit. I did make hot sauce with them, would cut a small sliver from a pepper and put in the recipe. It made a ton of the stuff and it was hot hot! But the flavor was really good too.

Did it with giant vats of chilli occasionally too. Just a sliver in a big pot and it was some mighty fine stuff for a people that are heat seekers.

The plant stayed at that place when I moved out. All the recipes were DIY / figure it out on the fly because when I googled for recipes all that came up were directions on how to make tear gas bombs to ward off elephants and the like.

I gave 97% of the peppers away, I worked with a few Indian and Sri Lankan guys that used them in their various insanity inducing, rear exit scorching hot dishes. They would occasionally bring something in, and I was one of the few willing to try it. It was painful but I had a thing for showing the fearful they were wusses so I'd do it anyway.