Glysophate 41%

jamie1475

How long should it take to kill weeds? Sprayed flower beds about 10 days ago and seeing very little difference. Some of the smaller grass is killed but the larger weeds nodda

MCBUCK

How rich you mixed, time of day you sprayed and even temperature will dictate the kill rate. I mix rich and spray in the afternoon so as to not allow it to dry. I also try to spray when temps are not too cool. My last application I mixed up pretty rich, sprayed just before sunset took about 7-8 days because the temps were cool. I use "Eraser" brand or "Hi Yield KillzAll" and spray about 300 yard of fenceline and some surrounding areas. And I am mixing WAYYY too much I am sure.

jamie1475

How rich you mixed, time of day you sprayed and even temperature will dictate the kill rate. I mix rich and spray in the afternoon so as to not allow it to dry. I also try to spray when temps are not too cool. My last application I mixed up pretty rich, sprayed just before sunset took about 7-8 days because the temps were cool. I use "Eraser" brand or "Hi Yield KillzAll" and spray about 300 yard of fenceline and some surrounding areas. And I am mixing WAYYY too much I am sure.
Yea I was just curious of whether to reapply or wait and see.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
How long should it take to kill weeds? Sprayed flower beds about 10 days ago and seeing very little difference. Some of the smaller grass is killed but the larger weeds nodda

What is the stubborn weed?

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Glyphosate ...... no need to apply too much

Attachments

• Glyphosate1.JPG
    Glyphosate1.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Glyphosate.JPG
    Glyphosate.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Glyphosate rate.JPG
    Glyphosate rate.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Glyphosate Grass kill.JPG
    Glyphosate Grass kill.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Glyphosate when.JPG
    Glyphosate when.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 14

jamie1475

very well could be. Gonna give it a while longer and see. Planted cucumber seeds also over a week ago and haven't come up yet.

Triple C

I mix 2 ounces per gallon and usually see results 10-14 days in. Have to be patient with it.
Same here. Sprayed fence line and pine straw beds last Saturday. Still green as of now but it will be deader n 400 in a few more days. Just paid $120 for 2.5 gallon of 41%. Stuff has gone nuts in price. Assuming all the lawsuits taking their toll on cost.

ChattBuck

Not unless you are getting temps below 40f at night, the air temps are almost perfect during the day right now.

Way up here in the far NW corner of the state it's been 39-41 the past four mornings on my drive in to work. Granted the accuracy of a Ford Bronco thermometer may be in question!

SC Hunter

I Sprayed some weeds and brush 10 or so days ago and it's dying. I Sprayed some more today and I'll keep an eye on it and report back. I rode around on the golf cart this afternoon and drank beer spraying stuff while my wife acted as my chauffeur.

MCBUCK

What rate did you mix , usually 2 weeks to kill most weeds.

Oh…I’m almost afraid to say, but I was mixing about 4-6oz plus in a 2 gal sprayer; never measured exact. Just eyeballed. Sometimes I mixed even more. Kills rocks. But I don’t have to spray that long fence line but maybe once a year.
It’s probable more spraying during the late afternoon to early even hours that does the trick more than mix or brand; mixing lighter would have the same effect I’m sure.
The logic behind spraying later is that is the sun doesn’t dry up your spray and the plant has time to “ingest” your spray. As best I remember those are manufacturers recommendations.