GON Land Special issue

LonePine

Anyone remember just not that long ago when in early summer, GON would publish their Land Special issue that was chock full of listings for clubs seeking members and available land for lease by county?

Hard to believed the world has changed so much in just a short time now with clubs and lease land almost impossible to find.

Attachments

• IMG_6014.jpeg
    IMG_6014.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Blackston

I’ve got a good friend that’s young in most hunting circles but has deer hunted hard for 25 yrs , we were talking today and he said “I remember when people made fun of me for deer huntin , now it’s the cool thing to do ….

Buckman18

I think the final straw for me was when they started publishing opinionated articles about the need for a shortened turkey season in Georgia based on a study conducted in some other state. I personally couldn't care less about some journalists OPINION. When I read the news, I want the facts. I'll decide.

I let the subscription run out and didn't renew, and haven't missed it.

Gaswamp

its a good magazine, not as good as it use to be. They lost me a few years ago on how they handled the baiting issue

Blackston

This thread had it all !!!! Turkeys , baiting , now all we need is a couple caliber discussions and some one to mention Seek One …… I can tell seasons GON

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

ucfireman

Urban deer management having a big doe killing today in Roswell. Cold enough meat will keep. I wish them luck
Would be nice if they would let folks know so they could come pick up a deer if they wanted it.
I assume they have a processor and they will be donated to a food bank or homeless shelter or something .
I think its great that they are doing a thinning just wish they would allow the public the deer killed.

Gbr5pb

Would be nice if they would let folks know so they could come pick up a deer if they wanted it.
I assume they have a processor and they will be donated to a food bank or homeless shelter or something .
I think it’s great that they are doing a thinning just wish they would allow the public the deer killed.
Think they have a food bank already set up! Don’t know them but SIL met them when nosy Yankee neighbors called police on evil deer hunters! They had everything in order

Liberty

I love when my paper copy of GON arrives in the mail, but all you folks shooting 6.5’s have ruined the sport. Just kidding.

Last edited: