GON Land Special issue

Blackston

Would be nice if they would let folks know so they could come pick up a deer if they wanted it.
I assume they have a processor and they will be donated to a food bank or homeless shelter or something .
I think it’s great that they are doing a thinning just wish they would allow the public the deer killed.
Rather than people in need ?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Also I’m fairly certain they still publish the land special and the dove hunts

furtaker

I don't see anything wrong with the magazine. :huh:

I don't read it cover to cover every month but I pick through it and read what interests me.

RedFoxx

I am from Irwin county and my son is friends with the guy that killed the possible county record.. he says that gon made up the story and you should have seen the first draft..was like 5 or 6 pages with all kinds of bulls in it..he says he did not send a pic and did not write the article in gon..i have no reason to doubt him so makes me wonder about the rest of the articles in gon..are they made up also.. sad if this is true and these words came straight from the mouth of the person that killed the deer...

Blackston

I have no problem giving the extras to those "in need" but If I want to get one and am willing to drive and put in the little effort to get it for myself than why should I not get 1st dibs?
No reason at all ….. But the day that I found myself actually in “ need “ food bank food was there and I’m thankful for it

Blackston

I am from Irwin county and my son is friends with the guy that killed the possible county record.. he says that gon made up the story and you should have seen the first draft..was like 5 or 6 pages with all kinds of bulls in it..he says he did not send a pic and did not write the article in gon..i have no reason to doubt him so makes me wonder about the rest of the articles in gon..are they made up also.. sad if this is true and these words came straight from the mouth of the person that killed the deer...
He got to read first draft but didn’t send pic or give story?