GON post participant's are leaving.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I had a problem with depression back when I first came here in 2007,and some of the drugs the doctor tried were an absolute nightmare.I lost my job and almost lost my wife because of the way I behaved and almost lost my membership here because of the side effects from those drugs.

Mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of.It can happen to anybody.Unfortunately,treatment is a trial and error process and many errors were made in my case.I'm not making excuses...my behavior was wrong,and I apologize to anybody here that knew me during that time.I thank the moderators and administrators for their patience,and what they do to keep this forum like Woody intended it to be.Anyone who has a problem with that should go elsewhere.
Thanks for reading this and allowing me to explain myself.I felt I needed to get it off my chest.I have made some real good friends and I hope no enemies here.

Dave

Your OK, I'm OK.

or something like that.

greg_n_clayton

The new look is good, but the leadership has not changed with the times... look at the campfire there used a few pages of threads made in one day. Now there Is probably 4 new threads a day.
I been noticing such for a long time Milton. It use to be you don't check for 2 or 3 days, you be here a while catching up. The time of year use to have a little to do with it. It may be there ain't nothing left to talk or discuss !! Kinda like reaching the end of the WWW (World Wide Web) !!

T-N-T

I check in once a week on average now.
This twice in two days now. But I'm averaging a week or longer these days.
I am in the group OP talks about I guess. No hurt feelings or I'll feelings. Just moving on I guess.
Its nature

sinclair1

The fishing forum has more people in there right now. The fire may be slow but maybe they are just in the forum of their passion and doing less campfire talk. Most of the Fire guys go in the VP room called useless Billy so a brand new guy may not feel welcomed although the Billy's warm up to a new guy pretty quick.

someguyintraffic

O
I been noticing such for a long time Milton. It use to be you don't check for 2 or 3 days, you be here a while catching up. The time of year use to have a little to do with it. It may be there ain't nothing left to talk or discuss !! Kinda like reaching the end of the WWW (World Wide Web) !!

I can tell what it is right away as a new member. There is a band of members here that sit on this forum day in and day out. They are all online buddies and anything that comes across the wire they are all in cahoots attack it. They steer threads, insult posters, and do so outside of what forum rules dictate. They go unchecked. I didnt realize it was like that as a reader and non member. As a member, shoot, post something they dont agree with they are clamoring for you to be banned, youre a liberal, youre stupid, etc. Most people here dont spend their day online and their online persona isnt where they go for acceptance. They come here to pass time and encounter the daily members that act like theyve got claim to a right or something. Its sad really, because the avg Joe doesnt care for that kind of online character. That unfortunately has to drive people off daily visits and posting. I have to go one or two days off of here or it turns you off the forum. Looks like as well liked and respected as GON publications have been and them having their namesake on this online gathering theyd have some kind of oversight on it. Clearly they dont in my opinion.

Last edited:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
O

I can tell what it is right away as a new member. There is a band of members here that sit on this forum day in and day out. They are all online buddies and anything that comes across the wire they are all in cahoots attack it. They steer threads, insult posters, and do so outside of what forum rules dictate. They go unchecked. I didnt realize it was like that as a reader and non member. As a member, shoot, post something they dont agree with they are clamoring for you to be banned, youre a liberal, youre stupid, etc. Most people here dont spend their day online and their online persona isnt where they go for acceptance. They come here to pass time and encounter the daily members that act like theyve got claim to a right or something. Its sad really, because the avg Joe doesnt care for that kind of online character. That unfortunately has to drive people off daily visits and posting. I have to go one or two days off of here or it turns you off the forum. Looks like as well liked and respected as GON publications have been and them having their namesake on this online gathering theyd have some kind of oversight on it. Clearly they dont in my opinion.
Just stick to the more "on topic " threads. The PF is nothing but opinions and insults and the campfire can be anything from serious to not so serious.

Argent11

I've seen uncontrolled flame wars and dog piles ruin a lot of forums. Who didn't enforce their site rules.
And I've been on forums since Windows 98 and dial up.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
O

:rofl:

someguyintraffic

Just stick to the more "on topic " threads. The PF is nothing but opinions and insults and the campfire can be anything from serious to not so serious.

You aint kidding. You turn around and give back to them what theyre dishing out and they have a coniption to see who can insult you first and want you banned. Is it really that important to them?

Argent11

Yeah, the good ole

Yeah, the clannish good ole buddy thing doesn't go over very well sometimes.
I've been a moderator on a few of them, but we didn't have much power.
Only to warn or delete a bad post. Moderators have got to have at least the ability to ban for 30 days.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Really? Seems like about 99% of the members don't have these problems. Some members have the same problems over and over, no matter what they call themselves. The name changes, but the argumentative negativity stays the same through the reincarnation process. And the tendency to keep blaming their problems with other members on others instead of themselves.

Argent11

On some sponsoring supported forums I saw this. Eventually the sponsors
who watch post count. Didn't feel like that was the kind of post count that was exactly what we wanted. Enforce your dang forum laws !!!!
And don't just stand there and say they exist.

someguyintraffic

I remember years back when I would just read here. Look at deer pics and hunting reports for hours, people used to write stories and it really seemed like a gatheting for outdoorsmen. I joined to find its nothing but a giant opinion column. Hunters cutting down hunters, fisherman arguing, insults in the political forum. I like my dog so much more after joining. Thinking of seriously hanging it up. I wonder if penning a letter to GON directly about an exposure like this with the advertising they clearly profit from is seeing less eyes due to forum climate. People are claiming they arent viewing the page like others say it was visited in the past. Theres a reason, some say they dont like the look or setup but this thread isnt from today obviously.