Good Fishing HORRIBLE day on lake

j_seph

Those are tough experiences and Im sure the affect your judgement and decision making process. Thanks for sharing your opinon. If a man sees or hears another man thorwing a 25lb anchor forward and pulling it to propel his boat forward. Safe to "Assume" his request is legit. Could always be wrong though. America is great because we can all have our OWN opinions.

"Overly mad" no. Just shaped an opinion of an anomous stranger. I hope you never have to find out how angry you'd get. There are FAR more people who are willing to help than not.
I'd a thought, hey you hear that man throwing the last suckers body parts in? Sounds like he has them in bags with concrete blocks attached::ke::cheers:
I try to help most folks out

Webbslinger

Maybe they thought you were trying to run off their fish w/ all that noise... LOL

I'm still tripping at gentlemen not willing to help and especially due to the fact you were in their area for an extended amount of time... WOW!

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
There's a huge difference in refusing to give a lift to someone whose standing in front of the local 7-11, or giving money to a drugie in downtown Atlanta and helping out a boater who's having difficulty.
I'll tell you the number one reason people won't help another person out during a fishing day....... They don't want to "mess up" their fishing adventure by having to deal with someone elses problems.
I've seen boaters turn their heads so they wouldn't have to look at the person standing in a boat waving hands. And they'd ride by at WOT pretending not to see them. Why? Don't want to ruin their day!
Too many American's are full of themselves. As Bryan said: "What goes around comes around".

LTZ25

If you were in salt water you would have got helped. Bass fishermen are not boaters .

Dryzdale

There's a huge difference in refusing to give a lift to someone whose standing in front of the local 7-11, or giving money to a drugie in downtown Atlanta and helping out a boater who's having difficulty.
I'll tell you the number one reason people won't help another person out during a fishing day....... They don't want to "mess up" their fishing adventure by having to deal with someone elses problems.
I've seen boaters turn their heads so they wouldn't have to look at the person standing in a boat waving hands. And they'd ride by at WOT pretending not to see them. Why? Don't want to ruin their day!
Too many American's are full of themselves. As Bryan said: "What goes around comes around".

Agreed. I never got close enough to see who they were. If i fished next to them tomorrow I wouldnt know it. But I heard their conversations and was too tired and hands worn out from self propelling for an hour. I offered to give them fish and money for interrupting their fishing. The went silent.

While it doesnt change my opinion of them, I simply pray that God grants them (and people like them) Grace that it doesnt happen to them and Mercy that they dont get what they deserve.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Agreed. I never got close enough to see who they were. If i fished next to them tomorrow I wouldnt know it. But I heard their conversations and was too tired and hands worn out from self propelling for an hour. I offered to give them fish and money for interrupting their fishing. The went silent.

While it doesnt change my opinion of them, I simply pray that God grants them (and people like them) Grace that it doesnt happen to them and Mercy that they dont get what they deserve.

Someone who would do that cannot be my friend.
It's pathetic.

:smash:

Old Dude

If you pm me I will send you my cell #, I can be in the water in about 10 minutes at Jackson. I will help any way I can. It is shamefull that a person would put catching a fish over helping someone in need of help. Mr Shoot to Grill Malcom is good folks and am glad to say he is a friend.