Guide recommendations

sportsman94

Hey guys, looking for a guide recommendation for a snapper trip within about 4-6 hour drive from middle Georgia. Appalachicola, destin, PCB, etc. Somebody who can carry 5 or 6 guys out. Thanks

Norman Parr 850 814 7068.

Very nice 28’ Boston Whaler with small bathroom (good for any ladies that might be coming). He owns a house on the water near Captain Anderson’s and you leave from his house. “Reasonable” for the goin rates in PCB. The boat and guide could not have been better. I did a trip with the family, but would be good for a guys trip also.

Some of the guides with smaller boats do not have a license to fish federal waters (over 9 miles out I think). You can certainly have a good time at that distance, but if you want to go out deeper you probably want to ask (Captain Norm above has both). I found him through talking on the phone with Half Hitch Tackle, witch has several locations up and down the coast. If you want a different area, you may want to call their local store and ask about recommended guides. The Half Hitch Tackle website also has “Monthly Fishing Forcast” that has good info on what’s in season + what you are likely to target by month. You might want to check out when red snapper, grouper, and trigger fish seasons are. Snapper is most popular and I think the season is just a week or two in July.

As said above, Captain Norm was great, I think his boat would accommodate 6, but depending on cost you may consider something bigger.