Gun Prices

earlthegoat2

I have a 7400 in 6mm Rem. If someone happens to have a mag laying around let me know. :tip:

Don’t know if they made the 7400 in 257 Roberts but that Mag will work for the 6mm Rem as well.

Seems like 7600 mags will work too but there won’t be a last shot hold open.

Come to think of it, I think 7400/7600 mags are interchangeable except for what I noted above.

Toliver

Are you referring to the auto loaders or the pump actions? Cause I know over 20 people that hunt with a gamemaster 760 and none of us have ever had a problem.

Now, the 742’s are another story……I wouldn’t own one.
My dad hunted with a Remington model 742 Woodmaster semi automatic 30-06 for years and never had a second of trouble out of it. Then he handed it down to me when i was about 12 and I had the same experience. Never a jam or any other malfunction. That gun has killed a heap of deer. It's now put away in the safe as a family heirloom that won't be sold as long as I'm alive. I wonder if we just got a good one because I have heard a lot of people talk poorly of it.

Toliver

Ok. So I found this thread because I didn't want to start another gun prices thread. I have to admit I'm not highly knowledgeable in guns. I don't collect them. I have specific guns for specific reasons but once they've been involved in something special I keep them forever. Like a first deer or from a special person or something.

So I have a Sig SBR with suppressor that doesn't fit the category of special so I was thinking of selling it. But I was told it's worth less now than when I paid for it last year. Why has this happened? It has a folding stock, optics, 3 magazines, the suppressor and it might have had around 50 or 60 shots fired.

rosewood

I'd find it hard to believe the value of the hand gun has dropped that much.
It may be he overpaid for it. Or priced it with the wrong shop. Gun shops will never give you what you paid for a gun. Unless you bought it years ago before inflation got so bad on them.

Rosewood

Jester896

Senior Clown
Transfers seem to take as long as suppressors stamps to get back

SBRs can be a pain to travel with filling out Applications To Travel every time you go a different direction

I might could see why they would drop after the novelty wears off

Toliver

Transfers seem to take as long as suppressors stamps to get back

SBRs can be a pain to travel with filling out Applications To Travel every time you go a different direction

I might could see why they would drop after the novelty wears off
The guy that told me the price had dropped is a friend that's been dealing with guns for years. He would have no reason to tell me anything other than what he's seeing trending when dealing with guns requiring tax stamps. And I absolutely did not pay too much for it. I got it at a bulk rate price. He thinks it's because the market got flooded by so many companies putting them out. Just wondering what the folks here thought.

rosewood

The guy that told me the price had dropped is a friend that's been dealing with guns for years. He would have no reason to tell me anything other than what he's seeing trending when dealing with guns requiring tax stamps. And I absolutely did not pay too much for it. I got it at a bulk rate price. He thinks it's because the market got flooded by so many companies putting them out. Just wondering what the folks here thought.
That being said, it might be time to hold on to it for awhile and see if the demand comes back.

Back after Sandy Hook, AR15s were going for over $2k. Now, with the flooded market, some of those same guns are <$400.

Rosewood

Toliver

That being said, it might be time to hold on to it for awhile and see if the demand comes back.

Back after Sandy Hook, AR15s were going for over $2k. Now, with the flooded market, some of those same guns are <$400.

Rosewood
Yeah, I guess I'm a victim of "good price at the time". But now the market is different so good price then ain't so good now. Of course I didn't buy it to make a profit but it would be nice to at least not lose money on a gun.

rosewood

Yeah, I guess I'm a victim of "good price at the time". But now the market is different so good price then ain't so good now. Of course I didn't buy it to make a profit but it would be nice to at least not lose money on a gun.
I usually buy mine to keep. Rarely sale, so that isn't a problem for me. :)

Rosewood

BeerThirty

Seems to me like the price of guns has dropped lately. I believe manufacturers are catching up on the supply and labor shortages from the pandemic. Also, everyone has spent their stimulus money, so manufacturers are dropping prices to encourage sales. I've seen a lot of really great deals on new firearms lately. Anyone else notice this? I think prices will bottom here in the near term and recover higher as the 2024 election heats up.

killerv

All I know is the gunshops I frequent are slap full of guns, folks arent buying. Said it hasnt been this slow since covid first hit. You used to be able to about clear your shotguns out before dove season, not anymore.

rosewood

I think most of the new buyers of firearms now have them. And the panic has calmed. Us gun nuts already had a collection and the supply has passed the demand. Just wait for the next panic.

I am waiting on the Primer/gun powder panic to subside so I can get them at reasonable prices again. The primer supply has been ridiculous.

Rosewood

transfixer

Ok. So I found this thread because I didn't want to start another gun prices thread. I have to admit I'm not highly knowledgeable in guns. I don't collect them. I have specific guns for specific reasons but once they've been involved in something special I keep them forever. Like a first deer or from a special person or something.

So I have a Sig SBR with suppressor that doesn't fit the category of special so I was thinking of selling it. But I was told it's worth less now than when I paid for it last year. Why has this happened? It has a folding stock, optics, 3 magazines, the suppressor and it might have had around 50 or 60 shots fired.

I would doubt that a Sig sbr is worth less now than when you bought it, but since it requires atf paperwork, it will be more difficult to sell , and same with the suppressor, although the suppressor will likely be worth less than new, and paperwork to transfer it will be just as aggravating as buying a new one, so you'll likely have to take less than you paid for it if you wanted to sell it also, personally would make more sense to keep the suppressor, if it can be used on other calibers ?

I believe you'll have to have a dealer handle all the transfer stuff though, so you'll likely lose money on the transaction fees

rosewood

I guess if you bought a SBR with a suppressor, you would have to buy 2 tax stamps? One for SBR and one for supressor? That is $400 just in taxes.

Rosewood

frankwright

My Stepson gave me two Remington's. A 740 in 30-06 and a 7400 in 308.
The 30-06 was really rough looking but it shot everything I ever fed it.
The 308 is much nicer.
I cut the 740 to carbine length and had the 7400 cut to carbine length and frond sight reinstalled.
I have always liked short rifles.
First time I fired the 7400 I couldn't get the shell out of the chamber. I took it home and got the empty case out and took it apart and cleaned and polished the chamber. I need to try it again.
I always liked the 760's, a friend had one with the fancy wood engraving, I guess it was a BDL.
My hunting partner inherited one from an uncle, he killed one deer with it but is not a rifle guy and he later sold or traded it without telling me. I would have bought it.
Semi auto's used to be illegal for deer in PA so the pumps were very popular, I think that has changed now but not positive.

Attachments

• Remington 7400 Carbine 2021 2 - Copy.jpg
    Remington 7400 Carbine 2021 2 - Copy.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 7

furtaker

Marlin lever actions are probably the most over priced rifles around. They're cool and all but they're still a $500 rifle selling for $1200. Even the post JM Remington ones are ridiculous. I'm not sure why a plain Jane lever action hunting rifle is suddenly made of gold.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My dad hunted with a Remington model 742 Woodmaster semi automatic 30-06 for years and never had a second of trouble out of it. Then he handed it down to me when i was about 12 and I had the same experience. Never a jam or any other malfunction. That gun has killed a heap of deer. It's now put away in the safe as a family heirloom that won't be sold as long as I'm alive. I wonder if we just got a good one because I have heard a lot of people talk poorly of it.
My son killed his first deer with one. That one is a good rifle.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
My Stepson gave me two Remington's. A 740 in 30-06 and a 7400 in 308.
The 30-06 was really rough looking but it shot everything I ever fed it.
The 308 is much nicer.
I cut the 740 to carbine length and had the 7400 cut to carbine length and frond sight reinstalled.
I have always liked short rifles.
First time I fired the 7400 I couldn't get the shell out of the chamber. I took it home and got the empty case out and took it apart and cleaned and polished the chamber. I need to try it again.
I always liked the 760's, a friend had one with the fancy wood engraving, I guess it was a BDL.
My hunting partner inherited one from an uncle, he killed one deer with it but is not a rifle guy and he later sold or traded it without telling me. I would have bought it.
Semi auto's used to be illegal for deer in PA so the pumps were very popular, I think that has changed now but not positive.
No semi-auto rifles for deer in Pa yet. They allowed them for varmints/coyotes.