News from the Gun Store - Today

Nimrod71

I road by the store yesterday and the parking lot was nearly full of trucks, 11 by count. I stopped in to see if they were going to be open today and if there was anything left to sale. It had been two weeks since I was there and I was told to be at work by 9 a.m. for a full day. When I arrived today I walked through and checked the inventory for new arrivals and what was left from two weeks ago. The first thing i noticed was all the empty ammo shelves. The stacks of 9 mm, 40 S & W,, 38 Spc., 357 mag, 380, 12 ga. buckshot, 5.56/223 and 7.62X39 were gone. What ammo we had left was being limited to one box per customer or two boxes with a gun purchase. I ask the owner if more ammo was coming and he gave me the following answer. Twenty thousand rounds had been order through a number of distributors, the problem is they do not know when they can deliver. He said they all told him the same story, they were in contact with the major manufactures and were told production was been held up for lack of components. Ammo components are just like most other things we use here in the USA, they have been out sourced and are being manufactured in foreign countries and between shipping problems and the virus they don't have the materials they need to supply the demand.

He said this also included shotgun shells. My advice is make sure you have enough shells to last through your hunting season, don't wait for sales, I don't believe there will be many.

For gun sales the AR's were continuing to fly. Two weeks ago our price range ran from $600 to $1,800 on AR's. All the lower price rifles are gone, the lowest now is $900.
Handgun sales were brisk today. I sold more hand guns today than I have ever sold in a single day. The customers today didn't have to be sold, for that matter most didn't even ask questions, they just walked in pointed to a gun and said I want that one and a box of ammo. We had five salesmen working today and at times all were busy writing up gun sales.

The question is how long will this go on, or how long can it go on? This is not just happening in rural Georgia it is happening all over the U. S.

ChidJ

If the demand keeps up, I’m confident the supply will catch up. Markets have a way of coming back to equilibrium as far as supply meeting demand. Just give it time, I’d wager. That being said, I went to Cabelas a couple days ago. They still had a good number of guns and an assortment of 30 cal varieties of ammo. The only pistol ammo they had in the entire place were 2 boxes of Barnes 454 and 3 boxes of Hornady 460. Plenty of 12 gauge as well.

Jester896

Senior Clown
It is getting tough to get components. We tested small pistol magnum primers today on 124gr 9MM. Averaged 50 fps faster with the same powder charge of CFEPistol.

My buddy ordered a Mark 7 drive to run the 9mm 1050 and it was supposed to arrive yesterday. Still showed out for deliver at 9:00pm last night...then at 10:30 it said it would be here Monday. I ran up to help him put it back together so he could load today.
We got it up and running in a short time. Got a good 3 hour run before I left. I fed Blue and he pulled the crank and got about 3500 loaded. Between last week and what we did today has loaded approx 13K 9mm. He will back the powder down and load the last 5K he has tomorrow with small pistol magnums and he will be out.

He is setting up the Mark 7 so that all he has to do is bolt one of the other 1050s down to the plate it is on to change caliber easier. That will give him two automated stations...one just more versatility.

Last edited:

rosewood

On the bright side, all of those folks that were not anti-gun but not gun folks will now own guns and maybe even some anti-gunners. When they find out the Demonrats want to take away their guns they just bought, maybe they will rebel by going and voting Republican in this coming election.

Remind everyone you know the Demonrats want your guns.

Rosewood