Have Any Of You Seen This Type Of Mediterrean Gecko

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Am I the ONLY one???????

I would like to know if anyone else has an over abundance of these Mediterranean geckos. These things showed up at my house about 3-4 years ago and they look really weird as you can see the actual blood vessels through their skin etc and they are all "flesh colored." Up until that time, I had never seen such a creature.

Every morning at about 4-4:30 AM when I go out to get the newspaper, there are about 4-5 of these that are on the walls and ceiling of my carport area. I always just turn on a small flashlight when I go outside each morning and I shine it up onto the top walls and ceiling area and when the light hits them, these things can really move fast when necessary too. These geckos apparently have a certain territory for each one of them and they catch bugs, insects etc like crazy They will be very near any corner area close up to the ceiling area because sometimes bugs such as moths etc will hang in those areas. I have watched them eat large moths in just a couple of seconds too.

I just about freaked out about a month ago as one of these strange looking creatures had gotten into one of my bathrooms. The thing was a small baby one that was only about 2 1/2" long. I tried to catch it but unfortunately I ended up killing it in the process as these things are very fragile.

I edited this because ya'll might think that I am lying but after I originally posted this, over on the right side of my screen, there is an advertisement now for Petsmart that shows a dang GECKO!!!

This is the link to read about them and see a photo of them:

http://srelherp.uga.edu/lizards/hemtur.htm

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Yes, they are in GA now. I had one in a terrarium for awhile. Most people don't see them because they are primarily nocturnal. The Florida Keys are loaded up with them too.

NOYDB

BANNED
As a teen lived in Singapore for two years. House had slots in walls for ventilation. Geckos were allowed free reign in house to help control bugs. Any given time had dozens loose inside. Any thing that doesn't bite or inject poison should as a rule be ignored.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
As a teen lived in Singapore for two years. House had slots in walls for ventilation. Geckos were allowed free reign in house to help control bugs. Any given time had dozens loose inside. Any thing that doesn't bite or inject poison should as a rule be ignored.

About a year ago, I just wanted to get rid of these weird looking creatures so I sprayed a couple of them with "Ant and Roach Spray" but it had no effect on them and I swear that they just laughed back at me after being sprayed real good. After that, I decided maybe they do catch and eat lots of mosquitoes, moths, and other insects etc so maybe they might be beneficial somewhat after all.

After reading about the influx of them in Florida, I wonder if maybe a couple of them might have hid in my golf bag and came home with me as I visit Florida every summer and play golf all week.

NOYDB

BANNED
About a year ago, I just wanted to get rid of these weird looking creatures so I sprayed a couple of them with "Ant and Roach Spray" but it had no effect on them and I swear that they just laughed back at me after being sprayed real good. After that, I decided maybe they do catch and eat lots of mosquitoes, moths, and other insects etc so maybe they might be beneficial somewhat after all.

After reading about the influx of them in Florida, I wonder if maybe a couple of them might have hid in my golf bag and came home with me as I visit Florida every summer and play golf all week.

Could be. But after you sprayed them, how did the mutants respond?

chadf

Looks kinda like the one outta the frozen fish bag, posted on here.

As a former amateur herpetologists you have found a golden egg. If you can catch a few for me. I'll come pick them up. I am amazed that they are in CSRA.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
As a former amateur herpetologists you have found a golden egg. If you can catch a few for me. I'll come pick them up. I am amazed that they are in CSRA.

Milton,

Click on the link in my original post and you will be amazed where they are now in OUR area. That link was actually posted by the Savannah River Ecology Laboratory and it states where they have been found now. :hair::hair::hair:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Could be. But after you sprayed them, how did the mutants respond?

They kept right on moving around just like nothing had ever happened. I also read some information in the linked information that stated regular pesticides appeared to have NO effect on them. Of course, I didn't know that fact until earlier this morning when I googled Mediterranean gecko.

Actually my Daughter had found out what these critters really were about a month or so ago and I just decided to google it today and try and find out more information about them.

Hankus

I ain never seed one, but they'd be cool in a jar

Hankus

looks like a shiner geko to me ;)

tsharp

Here in Louisiana they are plentiful. I just have to walk outside at night an they are all over.

FMC

I posted this in another thread tonight. I live in Douglas County and saw this guy on my garage. I assume a Gecko of some type.

Attachments

• IMG_4328.jpg
    IMG_4328.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 15