Hooch update in Franklin?

LAKOTA

Anyone live in or near Franklin? Sure would like to try and find some whites or hybrids today or Tues. But we'd like to know the water condition before making the drive.

jkp

Left the Lake yesterday, River still way to high to fish. Water temp was down to 58.4 on Sat. Hooch up hwy 92 still about 8 ft above last week but coming down. Will be a few more days before the river returns to normal. Mud, Mud, everywhere and debris all over the river and lake.
J

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I'd go. I just checked and the river has started to level out at 9.5 ft. which is where it has been most of the spring. The mud should be settling also. Like jkp said be very careful of debris.

1fishinfool

Definitely go, we went on Sunday an wore em out.

Caught about 50 whites, at one point we were catching them on every cast.

PS - I've been a lurker in this forum for awhile but decided to join today, saw this post and just thought I'd share some info that might help you out.

jkp

1fishinfool,
Where on the river where you. Not asking for exact location but would like to know general location other than the hooch.
Rgds,
J

1fishinfool

We put in at Snake Creek because it looked as though it would be impossible to put in at Franklin.

You should have luck anywhere around Glovers Creek, or any of the creek openings between the powerlines.

Man, the creeks are huge now. Probably be down alot by tomorrow though.

Good luck.

TurkeyCreek

woodric,

its on the east side of the river.

if you come up hwy. 27 from Lagrange , you should see a sign on the left side of the road just before you get to Franklin.