How Many Doe Do You Take?

Over the past 5 years, what has been your average doe harvest?

Votes: 22 28.6%

Votes: 26 33.8%

Votes: 12 15.6%

Votes: 8 10.4%

Votes: 3 3.9%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I want to know, in an average year, for the past 5 years, how many female deer do you harvest.

I don't want to see or hear statistics about your cousin's friends, neighbor's uncle who kills 10 every year and then uses his son's cousin's tags.

I just want the number that YOU have taken on average over the past 5 years.

Let's try to keep it real, please.

This may be submitted by a student as part of their classwork.

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Usually 3 or 4 -- I try to take one to hunters for the hungry and put the rest in the freezer to eat on and share with friends throughout the year...

TurkeyCreek

in the past 5 years i have taken 2 doe.

avg.= 0.4/year

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
For those that have taken an average of less than 1 please vote "1" and then as Al and maddog have done, explain your true count.

bilgerat

Senior
I voted for 2 a year but this year is going to mess up my average!!!I would just love to see a doe this year!!! where did they go?? do yall think they finally wized up and move to california or somthing???? ;) ::ke:

Thunder

Pretty consistant for me. I take 3 a year, thats what our family will eat in a year with room for a buck if I get lucky enough to cash in on a good one.

Woody's Janitor

One period, over the last five years.

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
I hope this is going to open some eyes as to how low the doe harvest really is. I think everyone knows someone or has heard of someone that limits out every year, but I think it is the exception not the rule. Of course my eyes might be opened too!!

Robert

GAGE

GONetwork Member
I try to take at least one with my bow, have unsuccesfully been trying with the muzzle loader and at least one with my rifle. My family really only needs two and then I like to donate at least one to HFH!

One day I would like to take one with a shotgun as well as my pistol!

Gage

Buford_Dawg

Well

I don't see ZERO listed because that is what I have taken in the last 5 years. I have taken 8 bucks during that time period, but ZERO does. I can't bring myself to shooting one when the adjacent clubs is whacking them and we hardly see many anyway, so big ZERO for me.

Timbo

As long as Ive hunted I use to believe it was bad to shot does.(Sorta the mother issue to the little ones).But this year I had planed to shoot my first doe.But I never seen one.So I guess I will wait till next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.