Hunting Bag Dump

krizia829

Hunting season is here!! I wanted to start a thread on some of the things we all carry in our hunting bags! You never know if what someone else has may be of good use for you! Below are some of the things I always keep in my bag. Some things sound unnecessary but you never know when you'll need it! Let's see what you all have. This is what I can remember on the spot. I'll make a video and post it once I have it.......Go! :cool:

-Redhead Backpack
-2 Flashlights (Surefire & iProtec)
-1 Headlight
-Batteries (AA, AAA, CR123)
-Chapstick
-Solar Charger for phone/flashlight with charger cables
-2 Knives, 1 Gut hook knife (Buck, Winchester)
-Smith's Knife Sharpener
-Gloves for the cold
-Camo facemask
-Latex gloves for skinning
-Nikon Binos
-Canon Digital Camera
-GoPro
-Whistle/Compass
-Reflective tacks for getting in and out
-3" Reflective strips for trailing deer/hogs
-Extra ammo for both rifle and sidearm
-Scent free wipes/zip lock (you never know when you gotta go!)
-GoGirl (For us ladies, if you don't know what this is, check it out! Lifesaver!)
-Wind checker
-Scent Killer
-Thermacell w/ extra pads and fuel
-Poncho
-Grunt Call & Primos Can Call
-Fire starter
-Lighters
-2 Ropes for bringing gear up to the stand
-Realtree EZ hanger for hanging bow/backpack
-Snack Bars/ Sandwich or Lunchables for all day sits only
-2 Water Bottles

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Antacid tablets were a must for several years either side of a divorce. Not needed now.

I use a fanny pack and have a folding ammo pouch on it with extra rounds to suppress the possible pig or coyote invasion.

Shoulder straps off an antique Army 5gal water bag fashioned into a shoulder rig to drag deer. It folds flat and is the bomb for dragging stuff.

Some big ziplocks make it easy to take home the heart and liver or to save tarsal glands.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Rope, knife, flashlight, grunt call, binocs, ammo, bottle of water. Less is more these days.

Gumpbuck

Thermal cell w/fuel and pads, saw and hand snips, headlamp, water, flagging tape and reflectors, compass, grunt tube and doe bleat can, multi-tool, drag handle, TP, phone/GPS/camera, 5 hour energy and pop-tarts. For anything else, my truck or golf cart isn't too far away. Not trying to take a whole Bass Pro store into the woods.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Hunting season is here!! I wanted to start a thread on some of the things we all carry in our hunting bags! You never know if what someone else has may be of good use for you! Below are some of the things I always keep in my bag. Some things sound unnecessary but you never know when you'll need it! Let's see what you all have. This is what I can remember on the spot. I'll make a video and post it once I have it.......Go! :cool:

-Redhead Backpack
-2 Flashlights (Surefire & iProtec)
-1 Headlight
-Batteries (AA, AAA, CR123)
-Chapstick
-Solar Charger for phone/flashlight with charger cables
-2 Knives, 1 Gut hook knife (Buck, Winchester)
-Smith's Knife Sharpener
-Gloves for the cold
-Camo facemask
-Latex gloves for skinning
-Nikon Binos
-Canon Digital Camera
-GoPro
-Whistle/Compass
-Reflective tacks for getting in and out
-3" Reflective strips for trailing deer/hogs
-Extra ammo for both rifle and sidearm
-Scent free wipes/zip lock (you never know when you gotta go!)
-GoGirl (For us ladies, if you don't know what this is, check it out! Lifesaver!)
-Wind checker
-Scent Killer
-Thermacell w/ extra pads and fuel
-Poncho
-Grunt Call & Primos Can Call
-Fire starter
-Lighters
-2 Ropes for bringing gear up to the stand
-Realtree EZ hanger for hanging bow/backpack
-Snack Bars/ Sandwich or Lunchables for all day sits only
-2 Water Bottles

It’s ok to have all that at the camp or truck but you don’t need all those comforts in the stand.
Try eliminating some extras and make sure the one you do have is sharp and good before you go.

One of each is half the weight and half the noise.

It’s ok if something doesn’t work just fix it before the next trip out.

My stand pack is usually just me sitting still. My truck has all the comforts when I can’t stand it anymore.

I can see two’s and three’s on your list and hope you don’t drag all that up a tree everytime. Like elfiii says less is more better.

krizia829

It’s ok to have all that at the camp or truck but you don’t need all those comforts in the stand.
Try eliminating some extras and make sure the one you do have is sharp and good before you go.

One of each is half the weight and half the noise.

It’s ok if something doesn’t work just fix it before the next trip out.

My stand pack is usually just me sitting still. My truck has all the comforts when I can’t stand it anymore.

I can see two’s and three’s on your list and hope you don’t drag all that up a tree everytime. Like elfiii says less is more better.
It sounds like a lot of stuff but believe it or not, it's actually not even all that heavy. A lot of it is small lightweight things. I'm a firm believer in "it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" lol I like to have things like this in case if I was to ever get lost. We are planning on doing trips in the near future out in the west so it'll definitely help! Thanks for the feedback! I agree with everyone (y)

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Great list of everything you may need (y)

I assume the cell phone is elsewhere on your person. Need that for emergencies and checking in a kill on DNR.

also add cough drop and peppermint

I also carry grandpas lucky buckeye but that’s just me;)

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Just the bare necessities. Drag rope, grunt, flashlight, head light, tp, ammo, plastic bags, a pack of crackers and at least 4-6 bottles of water. Water is the most weight in my pack. My personal rule is 1 bottle per mile and or 1 bottle per hr.

I keep my lighter, chapstick, cell phone, side arm,etc on my person.

krizia829

Great list of everything you may need (y)

I assume the cell phone is elsewhere on your person. Need that for emergencies and checking in a kill on DNR.

also add cough drop and peppermint

I also carry grandpas lucky buckeye but that’s just me;)
Cell phone is always in my pocket, God forbid I fall or something happens that I can't reach it! One thing i'm going to add is a small first aid kit with the basics and benadryl! If you're like me, allergies always kick in at the wrong time! hahaha

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Don’t forget a couple good books, an umbrella, a rain suit
Rattling antlers, rattle bag, extra grunt call, doe bleat, fawn call,
second cell phone, gps and a back up. range finder, spare socks, extra boots, two sweat shirts, a t shirt, Walkie talkie, two hats one orange one camo, second orange vest, two bags of corn, extra stand in case yours is gone. Gun oil in case you gun jams, tool kit, zip ties, spare tire for the wheel barrow. Stand bolts, microwave oven, heater, hand warmer, new boards for the box blind, ground blind in case you wanna move,water cooler, 20lbs of ice and the kitchen sink to wash your hands. I’m sure you’ll need a game cart and some tylenol plus what ever you pick up from the hunting store on the way in. Don’t forget the beanie hat and a extra change of clothes cause your gonna be sweating pulling all that stuff up in November with only 2 lift ropes.
I suggest a pulley or two. Just kidding don’t get all tore up.
Women carry purses, men carry a wallet. It is what it is.
Hope you enjoy my list. All you need is one more bullet and a gun to shoot it.
Unless of course if you go out west it’s different.

Possum

Banned
I carry emergency toilet paper that’s it. I usually end up in an emergency every morning it seems. Right about daylight when I’ve just got settled into the stand. I know a guy that takes 50 lbs of gear every trip to woods. He usually forgets the most important thing like ammo.

7Mag Hunter

depends on the day or hunt.....
Knife, rubber gloves, tp, GPS/compass, 2 headlights, water, snack, cell phone, thermocell, mule tape for drag and small saw to cut limb for drag..
if its gonna rain, umbrella/rain suit...All fits in med fanny pack and straps to my climber (if i use it)..Small stool if i hunt on the ground...

Wayne D Davis

two fanny packs loaded w/ cam, extra batterys, head lamp and hand held light, range finder, mid day snacks, camel back w/ water, assorted grunt, bleat calls, war paint, compass, tinks 69, wind indicator powder, binos, two knives, winding gun/bow lifting strap, thermocell w/ extras, sent eliminator, TP !
All this strapped to my sumit climber, waring snake boots, gorilla 5 point harness, and treestand wingman for a safe decent should I ever fall.....of course my phone w/ onX app

LaGarron85

Head lamp , flash light,face mask ,gloves ,knife , sent spray, binoculars,rattle bag, grunt call last but not least toilet paper you never know lol

Jim Boyd

Some of what the OP noted but I also need my lunch and a mid afternoon coffee - at least in the Midwest.

I refuse to read or listen to iPod these days.

Yep, TP as needed.

To each his / her own.

MCBUCK

Little Debbie and a Coke Zero

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Depending the time of year of course, but since most of my hunting is when it's colder, here goes...

Cant imagine not wanting to be comfy on stand. As much time as I spend there, its a must :)

sockhat
light weight gloves
heavy weight gloves
extra pair of socks
grunt
bleat can
antlers
pull rope
binocs
rangefinder
2 screw in hooks
screw in bow hanger
limb saw
release
backup release
extra D ring for harness
water
thermos of coffee
granola bar
sandwiches if all day hunt
apple or banana
portable cell charger
AAA batteries
headlamp
knife
small multi tool
TP
rain gear (if any chance of rain)
2 zip ties
gear retriever cause I drop my sock hat and release from time to time :eek:21041360_115083035881368_6564264364067520512_n_002.jpg21227841_1820242674891102_5100237788138176512_n.jpg21909405_205766313293811_6648772338152112128_n.jpg23970166_701354103400599_7454698293839265792_n.jpg23164731_1929909553996640_301818385660903424_n.jpg