I am done with ramcats

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I hope this comment was made with a huge joking undertone lol. I doubt you really believe stone can be hand sharpened 600 TIMES more than machined metals. ::ke:

No, I`m not joking at all. And I don`t need a shop to do it in. A shade tree to sit under will do just fine. And a couple of pieces of deer antler and a small piece of leather. :)

JJhunts

No, I`m not joking at all. And I don`t need a shop to do it in. A shade tree to sit under will do just fine. And a couple of pieces of deer antler and a small piece of leather. :)

Hey, you guys are hijacking a very entertaining thread:pop:

humdandy

Banned
Didn't get a pass through on a leg shot so you decided to switch? Not quite following you here

You can never go wrong with field tips! I can sharpen them to a fine point, so sharp I can carve my initials in an old oak tree. It's all about being able to hit where you are aiming. I killed one earlier this year at 55 yds, DRT!:banana:

Brewskis

I haven't killed nearly as many deer with a bow as you have, but I have killed and recovered all four that I've shot with a Ramcat, including the one I made a bad shot on yesterday. He took off into some of the thickest stuff I've ever encountered (see below). I was crawling on hand and knees following the blood trail while getting snagged on briars everywhere.

The shot was lethal, and after bringing in a dog and locating him, he was ultimately recovered. Although I'm still not sure what happened at the shot that led to it not hitting where I wanted, I know for sure that the drawn out recovery wasn't the fault of the broadhead. Despite the very marginal shot, the Ramcat inflicted the necessary damage to ensure a recovery with the help of a good dog.

Not sure where you hunt, but I highly recommend Matt Wilkes and his Bavarian mountain hound, Beyla - 404-569-4273.

IMG_2502.JPG

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
You can never go wrong with field tips! I can sharpen them to a fine point, so sharp I can carve my initials in an old oak tree. It's all about being able to hit where you are aiming. I killed one earlier this year at 55 yds, DRT!:banana:

What type of bow do you let eat when you harvest a couple of doe?:biggrin3:

poolecw

The area the deer is in (as far as i can tell anyways) is unbelievably thick. The dogs just would not go in it. The meat was probably already spoiled before we even made it out at daybreak this morning as the temp only made it down to 69 degrees this morning. My best bet at atleast salvaging the rack is gonna be to come back mid week, and follow the stench and cut my way in with my chainsaw. The whole area is extremely dense with those hard black thorny vines, and all kinds of other mess. I cant even dream of starting in there crawling on my belly.

Vines like this one pictured.

Coonhunters go through stuff like that all the time...at night .::ke::rofl:

Jake Allen

The area the deer is in (as far as i can tell anyways) is unbelievably thick. The dogs just would not go in it. The meat was probably already spoiled before we even made it out at daybreak this morning as the temp only made it down to 69 degrees this morning. My best bet at atleast salvaging the rack is gonna be to come back mid week, and follow the stench and cut my way in with my chainsaw. The whole area is extremely dense with those hard black thorny vines, and all kinds of other mess. I cant even dream of starting in there crawling on my belly.

Vines like this one pictured.

I ain't afraid of no cat-briar, (aka Smilax).

Jake Allen

I hope this comment was made with a huge joking undertone lol. I doubt you really believe stone can be hand sharpened 600 TIMES more than machined metals. ::ke:

A straight edge, is a sharp edge. The right stone is capable of making a straighter edge than any kind of steel.

i.e. http://obsidian-scalpel.blogspot.com/2012/12/surgeon-use-for-obsidian-scalpel-blades.html

"Obsidian is used by some surgeons for scalpel blades, as well-crafted obsidian blades have a cutting edge many times sharper than high-quality steel surgical scalpels, the cutting edge of the blade being only about 3 nanometers thick.[34] Even the sharpest metal knife has a jagged, irregular blade when viewed under a strong enough microscope; when examined even under an electron microscope an obsidian blade is still smooth and even. "