I am done with ramcats

Smackem

jmharris23

This is one of those "maybe I shouldn't have started this thread" threads ..... Always makes for good reading.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
BTW...since recorded time more life has been taken with a wooden shaft and rock or bone than all other weapons combined....

To be honest though, some of those stone points they made and used were up to 600 or more times sharper than any modern broadhead on the market today. ;)

watermedic

I will guarantee you that a tracking dog on a blood trail will go into the thickest stuff you can find to get his prize!!

On another note, If the deer went in there then why couldn't a dog?

I tracked one yesterday morning that anyone would have given up on it was so thick. Willie worked his way through it and found the deer. We went around and found an easier path in.

You probably need to try a different dog.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
To be honest though, some of those stone points they made and used were up to 600 or more times sharper than any modern broadhead on the market today. ;)

They would go in deep enough and wobble all around while it was running off. Cutting more in the body cavity.

kbuck1

I'm trying to understand why you switched to begin with. You said your arrow deflected off a limb and hit the deer. Even with a high poundage bow I wouldn't expect a pass through after that. Just go back to the rage heads so you can regain your confidence . Hopefully you'll find the buck. Atleast for the rack and the peace of mind knowing he isn't suffering

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Didn't get a pass through on a leg shot so you decided to switch? Not quite following you here

firebreather

Sorry you changed , I have been shooting RAMCAT for 2 yrs now. Was shooting a Montec ,and needed more so I switched to RAMCAT ,bad thing is once you shoot it's done ,and after 2 or three arrows you can usually make 1 good cat outa 3 from parts , I've learned that ,my son switched to bi polar this yr shot 2 deer n no find , he was disgusted, I asked him why did you switch ,he said ram cats weren't as tough at the bi polar ,I said good point ,I asked how many time have u shot and how many deer you find with that new head he said 0 n 2 n I said if it's not broke don't fix it , he switched back to RAMCAT now he's shooting 2 for 2 as of sat night n I shot my 5th deer at 5 for 5 , I guess to each his own , I'm a little color blind and needed more blood that's why I switched , and every time my buck hit the ground that I shot sun eve as he ran away looked like some one had a ferterlizer liquid sprayer spraying blood in a 4 ft radius around him. I'm not switching ,I'll just keep my ram cats hope you find something you end up liking

I hope this comment was made with a huge joking undertone lol. I doubt you really believe stone can be hand sharpened 600 TIMES more than machined metals. ::ke:

Lucky7

I've shot Muzzys and Rage. Nothing wrong with them. I shoot ramcat now.n Nothing wrong with them either. :).

pasinthrough

I hope this comment was made with a huge joking undertone lol. I doubt you really believe stone can be hand sharpened 600 TIMES more than machined metals. ::ke:

He's not joking and yes, they can be. With the right material and techniques, a simple rock will amaze you.