I hate hunting in hot weather!

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Skeeters, ticks, redbugs, and rattlesnakes don`t bother me. Heat, I don`t much care for it though.

Nice canebrake, Brother. Or do ya`ll call em timber rattlers up there? And did you let it live?

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Skeeters, ticks, redbugs, and rattlesnakes don`t bother me. Heat, I don`t much care for it though.

Nice canebrake, Brother. Or do ya`ll call em timber rattlers up there? And did you let it live?
I call it a canebreak and it's dead. I can't bring myself to let them go that close to the house.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I call it a canebreak and it's dead. I can't bring myself to let them go that close to the house.

I can`t blame you there, and I`d rather you not handle them. How long was it?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I hate hunting in the heat, too, but I don't worry much about the sneks. That would have made a nice hide.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It's in the freezer at camp. We have a friend that uses them when he makes Longbows
That's one thing I do with them. Glad to see them getting used! :cheers:

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Im with you on the heat!

BOG, I generally hunt just about every day of the season. The way this heat has been, I hunted opening day, Monday morning, Thursday morning, yesterday morning, and this morning. Normally, I`d be in the stand everyday, morning and evening. I don`t much like hunting in summertime temps.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
BOG, I generally hunt just about every day of the season. The way this heat has been, I hunted opening day, Monday morning, Thursday morning, yesterday morning, and this morning. Normally, I`d be in the stand everyday, morning and evening. I don`t much like hunting in summertime temps.
Nope... Me and the wife drove over to my lease and cleaned the camper up today. I soaked through my shirt in the 2 hrs we were there cleaning. I told her, no way I could kill a deer in this heat. Warm temps and dead deer = flies and we no the rest of that story.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
When it's hot like this I just wear my camo wife beater and thong. I do have to hose down pretty good with Permethrin though.

:pop:

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I'm surprised RT didn't beat that snake to death with that ugly chair.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I wouldn’t mind hunting without my thermacell, at least once this year.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Pics?

Asking for a friend.
Mercy! facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:

NmU8GZSg28MwMz858OlfwSEDMrmlbLT9KHGq9pEMrIuI7WhNabgv6uviVApFC1X0KzlJ55X7MvDdBB4VVdF7tl7t3EOJ4_gdHxjSB_OVxRa6wcwX0Q4a9dR_85sCJ8EOyG_VAAD88iY

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Yeah, it's been warm out there. Skeeters are really bad down here along the coast. Thermacells do work, but walking in and out of the woods, them jokers will tear you up! I sat on the ground Saturday on the edage of a thicket, and good gracious, before the thermacell kicked in, I was miserable.

Seems you have a lot of venomous snakes around your house, bud. Wear your snake boots!