For the most part, no. This is due to circulating antibodies within the
snakes plasma against its own venom. Thus, the venom from another
individual usually has no effect. Notable cases where this has been shown
to not be the case have been well documented. For example, the Australian
spotted black snake (Pseudechis guttatus) is quite able to kill other
members of the sames species.

What's your source, there, Bawana?:D

Team_Ike

It really wouldn't make sense for them to react to their own venom. Seems to me if a snake uses venom to kill prey, then consumes the prey aren't they actually consuming the venom also?

LOVEMYLABXS

It really wouldn't make sense for them to react to their own venom. Seems to me if a snake uses venom to kill prey, then consumes the prey aren't they actually consuming the venom also?

My understanding on this is that the venom acts to break down the victims muscel tissues right away to help speed up digestion.:huh:

But lead poisoning is quicker :clap:

I don't mind bull snakes or garder snakes as long as it ain't a sudden surprize:hair:

Ol' Red

Banned
How do you bait snakes? Is it unethical to shoot the out of trees or on holes?

Red

LOVEMYLABXS

Red

Nope it's ok to shoot them out of the trees or in holes but bird shot is recomended slugs and bullets do too much damage to the trees after a clean pass thru :shoot: :shoot: :rofl:

Team_Ike

Red
In the words of Green Eggs and Ham
I would shoot them with a goat, I would shoot them from a boat, I would shoot them anywhere, Just shoot them and not care. I would beat them with a rake I do not like any snake.:shoot:

LOVEMYLABXS

In the words of Green Eggs and Ham
I would shoot them with a goat, I would shoot them from a boat, I would shoot them anywhere, Just shoot them and not care. I would beat them with a rake I do not like any snake.:shoot:

Would you rope one with a rope?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hunter bob

I think you guys have way to much time on you hands.
I have a 410 derringer that works great at close range.:yeah:

60Grit

Nope it's ok to shoot them out of the trees or in holes but bird shot is recomended slugs and bullets do too much damage to the trees after a clean pass thru :shoot: :shoot: :rofl:

Wouldn't it mess up less meat if you shot him in the head instead of the hole??? ::ke: :rofl: ::gone: ::gone: :hair:

crackerdave

Only snake that dies from biting itself-a rattlemouth cottonhead.And if one ever bites YOU,don't even bother going for help-just sit down and start praying,you will die in 1 minute! Fact or fiction-you decide!

Last edited:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
If a...

This thread is so wild I just gotta jump in.
I'm the fellow who cut the ears and legs off all snakes. Don't believe me just check em.

would much rather deal with snakes then rats and the black plague:smash: :smash: :smash:

Lloyd72

If a snake bites itself it does die. The reason that it is able to carry the venom but not die is that the venom is stored in two sacs that isolate it. The sacs contain chemicals that keep it from eating its way out. Although some snakes maybe be immune if they were bitten but very little venom intered, because then they would build up antibodies agiants it. Just like you build up anti bodies after you get a flu shot.

Hawkeye

A Snake is inmune to his own species venom, but it is not inmune to other species venoms.

A rattler that bites a rattler can cause physical damage to its counterpart if the fang hits a vital organ such as the heart.
Hope that helps.