IKEA land purchase

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Ikea is virtue signaling with their "save the land from development" line.

I doubt any developers were going down there to do anything other than hunting.

What Ikea should have said is that they bought 11,000 acres to use at wetlands mitigation for all the wetlands they build over with their huge stores and parking lots.

I hope they turn that land into a WMA, but with their customer base I doubt that will happen. Maybe it will be a hiking and bird watching place.
more like a gnat, snake and tick watching place if it’s swamp land in South Georgia

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I can't say for certain it was them, but I honestly do believe it was. They were very friendly, as we were to them, even before they told us they owned the land. We never acted angry at all towards them. After we talked and they told us what they were doing, and that they owned the land, we told them we leased the land to hunt. That's when they asked what all we were hunting. As to why they ran, I am not sure. Maybe they didn't know for certain where exactly they were. Also, cell phones weren't a big thing at that time. And I do not recall seeing a map in their hands. But I absolutely remember them saying they were father and son, and from Sweden. It had to be them.

They sure did talk funny, and they probably thought the same about dad and I. :bounce:
they probably thought they were about to have to squeal like a pig. I’m sure they’ve heard enough “stories” about inbred southern racist males killing outsiders to have been at least concerned that might happen
plus, they probably saw your DAWG insignia and knew chances were much higher you were a pig squealer maker ?

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
they probably thought they were about to have to squeal like a pig. I’m sure they’ve heard enough “stories” about inbred southern racist males killing outsiders to have been at least concerned that might happen
plus, they probably saw your DAWG insignia and knew chances were much higher you were a pig squealer maker ?
All them skeeters and flies were already making them squeal pretty good. I just needed a banjo to pick fer them. :bounce:

GoldDot40

IKEA will probably allow recreational activity....like assembling products to enter.

MudDucker

Staff member
This is from one of the articles I read on it...

Who knows what "recreational purposed" will be allowed. Most outdoorsmen define hunting as recreational....some define it as a necessity...and some see it as conservation. Then some see it as all the above. But who knows how IKEA will see it?

Sure, but I bet you will have to assemble your hunting pass from a sack of sawdust they will send you with 26 pages of instruction written in Swedish.