In Need of Guidance

dslc6487

I once was a man of strong faith. That is no more. I have been dealing with my wife having ALS for the past couple of years. She is progressively getting worse.

This is a disease that I would not wish on my worst enemy. She is a woman of very strong faith and is handling her situation very well. She can no longer walk. Uses a rotator every where she goes. Has an electric scooter for long distances. She is an accomplished musician. Plays the floor harp, dulcimer, auto harp, piano and use to sing but the ALS has affected her voice. She is now losing strength in her hands, which is affecting her ability to play all of her instruments.

I am her primary caregiver and seeing her go through this has really affected my faith. I have gotten to the point where I curse God, don't want to even think of him.
Don't understand this. And, I know that the bible tells us that we will have trouble, not that we might, but that we will.

I am 75 years old and have my physical problems as well. I am to have my right shoulder replaced on Jan 14, and my left one about 6 months later. Injuries from
Vietnam. I know the story of Job in the bible and what a **** of a time that he had. But, I am not Job. And, at this point I feel that God does not care. I do not pray any more and don''t want to. I am in tremendous pain both day and night. Probably get 3 or 4 hours of sleep between night and day

I have 2 wonderful daughters, 2 great sons in law, and 6 wonderful grandchildren. If it were not for them, I would seriously think about ending my life.
But, that is the coward's way out and I would never hurt any of them that way. But, personally I don't give a **** about living.

Sorry for such a negative post, but that is the way that I feel right now. If any one cares to comment, please do so, but after such a negative post, I would probably just go on to the next post..........

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
My heart goes out to you, but I do know in our darkest time, God does still care...........You were in Vietnam, thank you for your service, I know that was not a walk in the park by no means, but is this worse? Did you keep your faith then? You may need to reach out to get some assistance, either from the children or an outside agency if possible, you can't and shouldn't be handling all of this on your own. I'll add you in my prayers and like pjciii mentioned, pm me if you'd like to talk more.

tucker80

It's hard to see clearly when we are the one in the fire. I think that we can all relate to life's trials and tribulations in one way or another. Your faith is being tested, I don't believe it's gone.
Brother, keep your faith strong and pass this test. God loves you and remember he will not put more on us than we can handle, with HIS help.
You will be in my prayers and I'd like to leave you with your own words.

Prayers for you, my friend. We do serve a God of Miracles..........

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
If your faith was once strong, why was it strong?
If your faith is not strong now, why is it different?

Faith is believing God when you do not see! It is ‘Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness’.

Now faith doesn’t just leave on a whim, it’s there! Something has that strong faith hidden!

Now this I know God doesn’t do evil, He is good always. But I have been in places where I thought there was a giant brick wall between me and God. But there was no wall, just my own perception!

I do understand your words. What you believe of yourself is a lie! I hope you can remember who that father of lies is.

I too am willing to talk with you via a PM anytime! I have prayed for you and your wife already and I will continue to do so.

TJay

I prayed that God might rekindle your faith during this difficult time. There is no other way you can get through this other than through Him. You said your wife was a woman of strong faith, have you shared these feelings with her?

j_seph

I once was a man of strong faith. That is no more. I have been dealing with my wife having ALS for the past couple of years. She is progressively getting worse.

This is a disease that I would not wish on my worst enemy. She is a woman of very strong faith and is handling her situation very well. She can no longer walk. Uses a rotator every where she goes. Has an electric scooter for long distances. She is an accomplished musician. Plays the floor harp, dulcimer, auto harp, piano and use to sing but the ALS has affected her voice. She is now losing strength in her hands, which is affecting her ability to play all of her instruments.

I am her primary caregiver and seeing her go through this has really affected my faith. I have gotten to the point where I curse God, don't want to even think of him.
Don't understand this. And, I know that the bible tells us that we will have trouble, not that we might, but that we will.

I am 75 years old and have my physical problems as well. I am to have my right shoulder replaced on Jan 14, and my left one about 6 months later. Injuries from
Vietnam. I know the story of Job in the bible and what a **** of a time that he had. But, I am not Job. And, at this point I feel that God does not care. I do not pray any more and don''t want to. I am in tremendous pain both day and night. Probably get 3 or 4 hours of sleep between night and day

I have 2 wonderful daughters, 2 great sons in law, and 6 wonderful grandchildren. If it were not for them, I would seriously think about ending my life.
But, that is the coward's way out and I would never hurt any of them that way. But, personally I don't give a **** about living.

Sorry for such a negative post, but that is the way that I feel right now. If any one cares to comment, please do so, but after such a negative post, I would probably just go on to the next post..........
https://forum.gon.com/threads/praye...-help-to-another-member-here-as-well.1008663/