Is God?

Is God omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent?

• Yes

Votes: 45 95.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

PWalls

Wow, 34 views and only 7 people have voted.

Is the question that hard or are people just confused?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Of course He is.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
You set the poll up so we could vote both "yes" & "no".

Just an observation.

Dudley Do-Wrong

hmmm, 2 folks said no. Sure would like to know who/what they think God is.

GeauxLSU

Yes.
But to have some discussion, there is no doubt in my mind He is omnipotent and omnipresent. However, it is fathomable to me that He is not omniscient (plus it would answer a lot of questions ;) ). BUT, that would be by His choice, meaning, He is capable of omniscience but chooses not to be and lets us enjoy our free will.
I am not saying He is not omniscient! He is! But that is the one of the three, that would give me the least heartburn if it were not so.

StriperAddict

Definitions...

PWalls said:
Wow, 34 views and only 7 people have voted.

Is the question that hard or are people just confused?

Definitions:

Omniscience is the capacity to know everything, or at least everything that can be known about a character/s including thoughts, feelings, etc.

Omnipotence (literally, "all power") is power with no limits or inexhaustible, in other words, unlimited power.

Omnipresence is the ability to be present in every place at any, and/or every, time; unbounded or universal presence. It is related to the concept of ubiquity, the ability to be everywhere at a certain point in time.

Side note,:smash: :smash: sorry, can't help it :offtopic:
I believe while God is all powerful (Omnipotent), he chooses to limit His power in the confines of His written word. Unlike one 'religion' that condems drunkenness and immorality, but gives the 'believer' in that 'religion' a free pass with unlimited wine and all the sexual pleasure to be had (with 70 virgins) after he dies.
??If drunkenness and gross immorality are WRONG on earth, how is it OK in paradise??

StriperAddict

other thoughts...

Interesting note on Omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Key Mystery!!
Omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence demand the oneness of God. When each knows everything, is everywhere, and does everything, then what is there to tell them apart?
When each and every thought is shared, how can one say who thought it?
When each and every sensation is shared, how can one say who felt it?
When each and every action is shared, how can one say who motivated it?
“I am in the Father and the Father is in me.” John 14:11

The mystery lies not in the Oneness of God, but in the plurality of his person…
Three in Person, One in Essence
God the Father
God the Son
God the Spirit

one essence,
God

PWalls

I don't have a problem with all three.

He is omnipotent (all powerful). He is omnipresent (everywhere and everytime). He is omniscient (knows what I am going to do before I do it and still lets me do it).

Double Barrel BB

Jeff Young said:
You set the poll up so we could vote both "yes" & "no".

Just an observation.

I did that on purpose, because I knew some people on here believe both..... i.e. God limiting his omniscience......

I have my own belief, as it has already been stated on here. God knows what everyone will do before they do it......before they even think it.....

God knew us all before he created the universe, and He knows all that have yet to be born....

DB BB

gordon 2

Some catholics don't hold to these definitions of God, (anymore) saying that it is old catholic teaching ( catholic philosophy) and makes of God an Idol, or a thing, if used in the practical day to day of the believer or the church.

It is perhaps simply putting God in a box, or our thoughts or beliefs husbanding the believer's concepts of God instead of God forming and informing the believers and their lives. This is a very liberal view however.... but I think there is something to it. The imaginations of many believers go well beyond these definitions. Like painting God in a white robe...the images have meaning but should not be fixed for all time. The definitions are perhaps places to rest for a while but then move on on our own with faith.

I did not vote, by the way....

Gordo