All About God

BanjoPicker

This is what is meant by statements men use to prove that God personally fills the whole of all space and matter. In Ps. 139:7 the psalmist said, "whither shall I go from thy Spirit? Or whither shall I flee from thy presence?" God said to Jeremiah, "Do not I fill heaven and Earth? Jer. 23:23-24. Paul said, "In him we live, and move, and have our being Acts 17:27, 28.
We must understand all like passages as teaching the omnipresence of God, but not the omnibody of God. A man can feel the presence of his wife and children who are hundreds of miles away at this time. They ae in his thoughts, his plans, his wife, and all that I do. he does nothing without them, yet they are far away. He's building a home for them to move into. He plans for them, he see them in the knew home. He experiences the thrill of having them with him. Theyb are here in spirit and presence, planning with him, and we are working together to the same end in life. This presence is constant, though distance separates bodily at times. We don't feel the presences of other families we have never meet and to which there is no union whatsoever. If we come acquainted and closely associated with someone whom we do not know, we could likewise feel their presence, even though we were sometimes separated bodily Thus presence is governed by relationship, not bodily contact only. Man has the same faculty that God has to make his presence felt by others, only it is on a finite scale. God's attribute of presence is infinite, but it works literally on the same principle as that of man. It is governed by relationship and knowledge as well as bodily sight.

gordon 2

How do we get from distant to closeness with God? Who loved first? Who visited who's abode first? Was man first to visit God in heaven or was God first to visit man on earth? Did God visit by a shared relationship in despair?

Were the prayers of the Hebrews as good as glossolalia, lilted that some might stick? What was that power in relationship which spoke to Moses for those who had but one? What hope did they have in divine mercy by a mercy Pharaoh would not give? Who instilled the memory of salvation? By what fire and cloud, and not of the imagination, does he call us sons?

Deuteronomy 31:8 It is the LORD who goes before you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or abandon you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”

It is not our memory of the Lord that goes before us, it is Him in body visible and invisible and so present with us on earth.

That God is this way and that way no different in place and time as it is with man's immaterial souls ( that is his mind and emotions) are this way and that way, in time and place the soul is bound, it does not follow.

What man, what king, could go to Pharaoh and ask for the release of his son and meaning a group of people and his real son three thousand yrs down the road except he spoke his words from God out of a relationship he did not fully know? Foremost the man could not know of the other son as God knew him to be and to be as we know now our Lord, God's only begotten.

The Spirit of God and the physical presence of God are not bound and so not of the limits of man's soul. The time travel and multilocation of the son of man, is not the time travel and so the multilocation of the Son of God. And therefore the apostle said we as yet have not seen Him as He is.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Maybe God can see the earth but doesn't dwell on the earth because he can't dwell in evil.
We do know from scripture that he has at least visited the earth. Yet sometimes he sends messengers to gather information or warn someone.
He does exist everywhere at once but somehow I feel like he does it from Heaven where He actually is or dwells.
Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off? Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

BanjoPicker

Men who do not know God seldom, if ever, feel His presence. They never do except as their creative spirit begins to think of where they came from, why they are here, and where they are going, when they give the Holy Spirit on Earth a chance to reason with them, when there are times of serious meditation, when some trouble comes, or when someone brings the knowledge of God to them. Then they know that there is a real God some place. They do not really realize and feel His presence, though, until they get to know about Him and begin to conform to His will. Then the presence of God becomes a reality and they can feel Him everywhere they go. The more one thinks of God and lives for Him, the more His presence is manifest in the conscience.

BanjoPicker

Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off? Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.
Gen. 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
Gen. 4:9 And the LORD God said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy bother? And he said, I know not: am I my brother's keeper?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Men who do not know God seldom, if ever, feel His presence. They never do except as their creative spirit begins to think of where they came from, why they are here, and where they are going, when they give the Holy Spirit on Earth a chance to reason with them, when there are times of serious meditation, when some trouble comes, or when someone brings the knowledge of God to them. Then they know that there is a real God some place. They do not really realize and feel His presence, though, until they get to know about Him and begin to conform to His will. Then the presence of God becomes a reality and they can feel Him everywhere they go. The more one thinks of God and lives for Him, the more His presence is manifest in the conscience.
I don’t think that’s in question. What’s in question is Him being omnipresent.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Gen. 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
You really believe an omniscience God would not know where Adam was? Or, do you think He wanted Adam to realize where Adam was?

Part of repentance is acknowledging where you are.

Edited: Same case with Cain.

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.”

Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

BanjoPicker

Men can worship God at any time and place and their union with God in spirit will make the presence of God real. The greater the knowledge of God and the consecration of Him, the greater His presence is felt. In this sense Jesus Himself, who has a flesh and bone body and who is local in body one place at a time is with all men everywhere even to the end of the age Mt. 28:19, 20. In this same sense Paul was with the Corinthians in spirit when they delivered the fornicator to Satan for the destruction of the flesh 1 Cor. 5:1-8. In this sense, Paul and other believers dwelled in each other regardless of personal bodily distance from each other 2 Cor. 7:3; Phil. 1:7. We know that the personal body of Christ, or those of believers, are not omnipresent when they are in the lives of others in spirit presence so the same thing is true of the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Artfuldodger

I have felt His spirit dwelling in me and around me, is that God or the Holy Spirit? Meaning is the persona we know as Father here on the earth or was it Jesus who came as the persona of the Godhead, and then after he left, the persona we now know as Holy Spirit?

Maybe the Father stays in Heaven but visits the earth in either His son or spirit personas? Has God ever came to the earth in all three persons at the same time?

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Psalm 33:13-14
From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind;
14 from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth
Where does He dwell?

Artfuldodger

Where does He dwell?
In verse 13 he is in Heaven, in verse 14 he is watching all who live on the earth. I think that means he dwells as the Father in Heaven, but his Spirit, the Holy Spirit dwells on the earth within us and around us.
Jesus said in my Father's house are many mansions. Is that a physical place where the son is at in a physical body on this day or is that house Jesus speaks of some spiritual place that encompasses the whole universe?

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
In verse 13 he is in Heaven, in verse 14 he is watching all who live on the earth. I think that means he dwells as the Father in Heaven, but his Spirit, the Holy Spirit dwells on the earth within us and around us.
Jesus said in my Father's house are many mansions. Is that a physical place where the son is at in a physical body on this day or is that house Jesus speaks of some spiritual place that encompasses the whole universe?
Based on two scriptures…… could watches from heaven mean He sees all and He fills both heaven and earth…..He isn’t limited to only watching from heaven - in which both confirm there is no place you can hide?

I’m just trying to get you to focus on the idea that God is a spirit as scripture states,

And, if His Spirit dwells in you, me, and 1,000’s of others…….at the same time…….He can’t be isolated to just heaven.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

Based on two scriptures…… could watches from heaven mean He sees all and He fills both heaven and earth…..He isn’t limited to only watching from heaven - in which both confirm there is no place you can hide?

I’m just trying to get you to focus on the idea that God is a spirit as scripture states,

And, if His Spirit dwells in you, me, and 1,000’s of others…….at the same time…….He can’t be isolated to just heaven.
Our Father, Who art in heaven? I agree that he is spiritual. But think it's His Spirit that came to the earth after Jesus returned to the place the Father dwells.
I do agree that God's Spirit is everywhere at the same time. I don't think God has a Spirit and the Holy Spirit has a spirit. I guess in that sense God is everywhere at the same time. I mean His spirit is who He is. I think Jesus has his own spirit though and right now, it's in his physical body in Heaven, dwelling with the Father and preparing our rooms.

Artfuldodger

John 12:31 says that Satan was the ruler of this world. But most believe that Jesus would defeat the devil as ruler by His death on the cross. Satan's authority over people was conquered by Christ.
Even if John 12:31 points to Revelation 12:9.

Regardless of when Satan was or will be defeated, How did God dwell on the earth with an evil spiritual leader either before the Cross or after?

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

I wonder if since the world is so evil and God can't dwell amongst it, that he sent His son, incarnate as a man, in order to dwell in all that sin?
Maybe that's why the Father sent the Holy Spirit after Jesus ascended. To be able to dwell with our sinful spirits.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Our Father, Who art in heaven? I agree that he is spiritual. But think it's His Spirit that came to the earth after Jesus returned to the place the Father dwells.
I do agree that God's Spirit is everywhere at the same time. I don't think God has a Spirit and the Holy Spirit has a spirit. I guess in that sense God is everywhere at the same time. I mean His spirit is who He is. I think Jesus has his own spirit though and right now, it's in his physical body in Heaven, dwelling with the Father and preparing our rooms.
All good points.

My question to the trinitarian is if God is not the Father why are they using “our Father who art in heaven” as their argument for God being restricted to an address?

Artfuldodger

All good points.

My question to the trinitarian is if God is not the Father why are they using “our Father who art in heaven” as their argument for God being restricted to an address?
In all fairness, I don't think most Trinitarians restrict God to an address.