The teachings of Father Guido Sarducci

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
It's important to remember what the comedian Father Guido Sarducci said.

Remember, when asked the question, "Where is God". The answer is "Everywhere". Why? "Because he likes you".

You have to admit, that's pretty comforting. God is everywhere, just because he likes you. How can we lose with that?

gordon 2

It just goes to show how important being bible based is. According to the glossary of my Amplified Bible the word like is used in all the bible both New and Old Testaments only five times and only in the New Testament and never is it used in the manner the comedic F. G. Sarducci uses it.

Poor Father Guido, the human Topo Gigio, he ministered in a scientific and apocalyptic age making himself like it and so stoned.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
It just goes to show how important being bible based is. According to the glossary of my Amplified Bible the word like is used in all the bible both New and Old Testaments only five times and only in the New Testament and never is it used in the manner the comedic F. G. Sarducci uses it.

Poor Father Guido, the human Topo Gigio, he ministered in a scientific and apocalyptic age making himself like it and so stoned.
Gordon, you really are taking things too seriously.
Do we really need to debate whether the Lord has a sense of humor? He made us in his image and we have a sense of humor so the Lord's must be even greater. Positive laughter (as opposed to negative laughter as in taunting and insults) and cheerfulness is mentioned many times in the Bible. In the case of my post and the comedians joke, the understatement is the humor and everyone got it.

Let's leave it at that and find joy in God's creation.

gordon 2

Gordon, you really are taking things too seriously.
Do we really need to debate whether the Lord has a sense of humor? He made us in his image and we have a sense of humor so the Lord's must be even greater. Positive laughter (as opposed to negative laughter as in taunting and insults) and cheerfulness is mentioned many times in the Bible. In the case of my post and the comedians joke, the understatement is the humor and everyone got it.

Let's leave it at that and find joy in God's creation.
Sorry man. I thought I was being tongue in cheek.

Joy, joy, joy. I guess I'm not very funny everywhere. Oh well.

gordon 2

We all come from somewhere and so our particular crosses to carry, perhaps. Was that a blind man who was the leader? And the smart Alec had magnification bifocals? Tongue in cheek I say, tongue in cheek.;)

Q. How can you make God laugh?

A. Tell him your plans.

Last edited:

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
We all come from somewhere and so our particular crosses to carry, perhaps. Was that a blind man who was the leader? And the smart Alec had magnification bifocals? Tongue in cheek I say, tongue in cheek.;)

Q. How can you make God laugh?

A. Tell him your plans.
Been there and done that and got the t-shirt. The Lord and I have been in heavy discussion lately about my future career opportunities since being forcibly "retired" from my career of the last 22 years.
I keep saying, "Lord, I want your will to be done but how about soon"? He seems to be saying, "You'll know when I'm ready". :LOL: