It's going to be COLD this weekend!

DCHunter

Do yall think the deer are going to be moving good this weekend? I'm going to the club this weekend which is about 28 days after the apparant peak of the rut was. The weather report is showing lows in around 20. Do ya'll think that's so cold that they won't move, or will the move more?

Huntinfool

I guess traditional thinking would say they should be up and moving around. I'll be out there. But I was thinking I'll stay in the stand a bit later just in case they stay bedded and don't really start moving until mid-morning.

Layer up boys, it's gonna be COLD!

Catfish369

Layers, layers, and more layers. Shed the excess layers as the day warms up. This is the one time of the year when I wished I'd bought a set of insulated coveralls that were on sale at the end of last year's season.

Due to a shoulder injury a couple weeks ago, I'll be ground hunting for the remainder of the season..... But I will be out there..... Somewhere..... In a ground-blind.

The wife has already "volunteered" my services for Christmas decorations around the house this Saturday, but I'll be out there on Sunday morning for sure.

Keep warm and good luck to all.

Booner Killa

I know they'll move but it may be later in the morning. It'll be a good morning to catch a good buck moving around too. They are the ones that lost a lot of weight during the rut and in order for them to make it through the winter they're caloric needs will be a lot higher on bitter cold mornings like it's gonna be Sat. They will have to move around some to stay warm!!! Good luck, I'll be waist deep in a beaver swamp!!! Whack em and stack em.

DCHunter

Do ya'll think it'll be better to hunt hardwood creek bottoms or move uphill to where there are some finger food plots of wheat?

tyler1

I will be there unless mama has a change of plans. If she does that will be alright seeing that she has not complained one time this year about my time in the woods.

You can bet that I will have layers and layers and my Artic Sheild Boot Blankets. Just hope that I can still draw my bow with all those layers.

Catfish369

North/South running bottoms "should" be warmer until the sun starts to rise and the thermals start. The Eastern facing slopes will warm fastest. I believe the deer will be there and move out into the plots at mid-morning to mid-day..... Just my thoughts though.

buckmaster10

I will definetly be out there with it being this cold. It would be even better if we could get about 5" of snow, but doesn't look like thats going to happen. I think they will be up and moving(hopefully right under my stand)

capt stan

I agree I think it'll be mid morning to early afternoon movement. I'll still be out there to watch the heat tab comming up over the horizon though.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I have never realy seen good deer movment when it goes below freezing.
I am thinking abnormaly cold weather+fullmoon+hunting pressure= good mid morning movment.
I am planning on sneaking in at 9:00 and seeing how long i can stay.