Keeping the edge on a knife

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
My son gave me this one. It's pricey but it gets the job done. 3 or 4 strokes for each side of your blade and you can cut Hades half in two.

JonathanG2013

My son gave me this one. It's pricey but it gets the job done. 3 or 4 strokes for each side of your blade and you can cut Hades half in two.

I used to have that one. Works pretty good.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I'm weird, I usually just use a small whetstone or diamond sharpener and strop it on some leather. Hair-popping sharp in a minute or two. I have a Worksharp belt deal, but I mainly use it for mass sharpening of kitchen knives.

Gaswamp

I guess I'm weird, I usually just use a small whetstone or diamond sharpener and strop it on some leather. Hair-popping sharp in a minute or two. I have a Worksharp belt deal, but I mainly use it for mass sharpening of kitchen knives.
yep I do the same for my kitchen knives when my wife forgets to use the ceramic sticks

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
yep I do the same for my kitchen knives when my wife forgets to use the ceramic sticks

Mine doesn't know anything about sharpening knives or why you don't leave them soaking underwater in the sink overnight. In her world knives never go dull and get sharpened by magic. The "magic" would be me. :rolleyes: :bounce:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I never put the kitchen knives in the dishwasher either.

Same here. At least she observes that proscription as well but it's still fun sticking your hands down in dirty, soapy dishwater and wondering if you're grabbing the hilt or the blade. :bounce:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I use a work sharp on the kitchen block and to bring a neglected knife back to shape. Ceramic sticks are my go to for sharpening a keen edge.

Latest posts