Kidney Stones

1gr8bldr

Taking the stent out was horrible. They shoot the deadening stuff through the urethra and then leave you laying flay on your back with your penis hanging out for about 15 minutes to let the medicine take effect. Then the Dr missed on getting it twice. Then the other stone decided to block my kidney and I vomited pain meds so no relief at all. Sitting there in the ER seeing people with stubbed toes playing on their cell phones go before me was excruciating.
LOL, once I was in the waiting room, pacing back and forth, afterwards I asked my wife if I embarrassed myself. She simply replied "bad".

lbzdually

Banned
LOL, once I was in the waiting room, pacing back and forth, afterwards I asked my wife if I embarrassed myself. She simply replied "bad".

My thought is that anyone who has had one will understand, and those who think you are being dramatic, well lets just say I hope karma gives them one day.

Oldstick

I'm fortunate enough to never have had one, thanks to the Lord. But it is going to be hard to get the image out of my head of 6 to 9 mm, that many of you mentioned.

:cry:

lbzdually

Banned
I'm fortunate enough to never have had one, thanks to the Lord. But it is going to be hard to get the image out of my head of 6 to 9 mm, that many of you mentioned.

:cry:

For me, then one that was 4x6 mm was less painful than many of the 1mm stones I have had. The only reason I agreed to surgery is because it was imbedded and wouldn't move.

1gr8bldr

Those big one's bleed, the small one's hurt just as bad.

Ben Athens

After 11 days of pain I was pain free today. The stone must have made it to my bladder. Hopefully I will pass it soon.

lbzdually

Banned
After 11 days of pain I was pain free today. The stone must have made it to my bladder. Hopefully I will pass it soon.

:yeah: Good deal. Drink lots and take Flomax.

1gr8bldr

Glad to hear it.

Bow Only

If you are willing to do so, do as Dustin suggests above. Get the stones tested to see what causes them.

In my case it was the effect of uric acid on calcium. I had several episodes back in the early 90s.

They tested me and my uric acid level was about 6 times the normal rate..............I did a starvation diet for 6 weeks eating only certain foods and stuff on a list................... then they tested me again and my uric acid rate was still triple the normal rate.

So I was hopeless on the uric acid situation. Since then I try to limit calcium intake and drink, drink, drink. Have only had one in recent years.

Most likely, your uric acid levels are high because you have too much peroxynitrite production. Uric acid is produced by the body to protect it from peroxynitrite. Even though uric acid causes harm, it is the lesser of two evils. Here is an article on things to try. Reducing sulfur and nitrogen intake would be preferable, but most people don't want to do that. Reducing nitrogen and sulfur would also help with kidney stones.
http://www.life-enhancement.com/magazine/article/2024-protection-by-spices-against-cell-damage-caused-by-peroxynitrite

lbzdually

Banned
Most likely, your uric acid levels are high because you have too much peroxynitrite production. Uric acid is produced by the body to protect it from peroxynitrite. Even though uric acid causes harm, it is the lesser of two evils. Here is an article on things to try. Reducing sulfur and nitrogen intake would be preferable, but most people don't want to do that. Reducing nitrogen and sulfur would also help with kidney stones.
http://www.life-enhancement.com/magazine/article/2024-protection-by-spices-against-cell-damage-caused-by-peroxynitrite

I have the unfortunate issue of gout when I eat too much red meat. I messed up this last week and ate hamburgers, tacos and beef hotdogs and my knee started killing me. Eating red meat will lower uric acid levels but that's a hard to pill to swallow.

95g atl

:hair:#$%#$&!@#%!@$@#%&^%*%^&$# !!!!!!!!:hair:

Woke up at 4 am with intense side of back pain.
6am couldn't take it any longer, went to Northside in Cumming.

Urine test confirmed traces of blood, yup a stone.

I'm back at home now. Back (where kidney is located) is still tender, but pain scale is very low.

Now the fun starts with the eventual passing of said stone.

:mad::mad:

Big un

Stone

Dull pain Thursday lead to unbearable pain and puking Friday. This led to an ER visit and I was dehydrated so the IV was plenty of poking and prodding. CT scan showed a 6mm stone so I'm home now on Flomax Dilaudid and Toradol. Dr also recommended large amounts of Gatorade, water, and to chase it all with a few beers. So far the medicine is holding the pain off but I have not passed it yet.

You need to have the stone tested and figure out exactly what kind of stone you have. There are some that can be caused by certain kinds of foods (leafy greens, etc.).

Have had plenty myself and thankfully have passed them all. Last one was a year ago...6mm.

Wife has had a couple including one that literally almost killed her. It lodged and set off an infection that turned into sepsis. She spent a handful of nights in ICU. Only after the fact did the doctor tell me (us) just how bad she was.

Any of you that have pain and a fever, please get to a doctor ASAP. Stones aren't something to play around with.

Overall, staying hydrated is a great first step, all other things considered.
This^^^

Latest posts