Kroger Hamburger Patties

Patriot44

Banned
I do not buy hamburger or steaks or any non-branded meat at Walmart. I made that mistake once. I also do not buy hamburger in tubes or pre-packaged. I get mine at Ingle's where you can watch them grind it right there. Or off of deer that follow me home.
I learned the hard way, anything perishable from Wal-Marks is suspect. Even cat and dog food is bottom of the barrel stuff. My wife jumped my tail once for buying cat food from Wal-Marks. Said that the food was "pulverized". I tried to prove her wrong and opened the bag. Almost dust. facepalm:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
We only buy fresh ground and make our own patties. Years ago I cooked some bubba burgers and one had a hair ball in it. Never again. Fresh ground beef or deer only at our house

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I learned the hard way, anything perishable from Wal-Marks is suspect. Even cat and dog food is bottom of the barrel stuff. My wife jumped my tail once for buying cat food from Wal-Marks. Said that the food was "pulverized". I tried to prove her wrong and opened the bag. Almost dust. facepalm:
I haven't had any problems buying branded packaged meats with a label like "Smithfield" or "Tyson's,etc." at Walmart, like brisket, chicken, bacon, or whatever. Where I have found the crap quality is in their stuff like steaks and burger that are not branded. I believe they spray something on those steaks and such to keep them from turning gray or whatever, they just don't look or cook or taste right and have a shiny film on the outside.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Publix for meat if it's in your budget. Even if you get the premade patties still good.

someguyintraffic

I do not buy hamburger or steaks or any non-branded meat at Walmart. I made that mistake once. I also do not buy hamburger in tubes or pre-packaged. I get mine at Ingle's where you can watch them grind it right there. Or off of deer that follow me home.

Ingles beef is good. My dad lives in Gilmer. Ingles closest chain grocery store. Burgers and steaks always perfect. One in Acworth of 75 just dont make it over there all the time. Krogers is good stuff. I dont do machine made patties.

gunnurse

I think it was Walmart that just had a recall on some ground beef, salmonella.

Why would they put any type of seafood in ground beef, especially salmon? :huh:

JackSprat

I don't do premade patties except maybe for a group.

If you are in the Athens area, you can get them from UGA retail meat sales - you know exactly where they come from. If you want enough, they will make them to order.

one thing I don't do is any Wal-Mart meat, Read the label - it's all "enhanced" with 10% water. Back in the day, that was adulteration, now it's just smart marketing. Read the fine print on the ground beef.

If I buy ground meat, I do what Alton Brown suggests, and buy the cut and have them grind it. My ground chuck is all chuck, and so on.

Patriot44

Banned
I haven't had any problems buying branded packaged meats with a label like "Smithfield" or "Tyson's,etc." at Walmart, like brisket, chicken, bacon, or whatever. Where I have found the crap quality is in their stuff like steaks and burger that are not branded. I believe they spray something on those steaks and such to keep them from turning gray or whatever, they just don't look or cook or taste right and have a shiny film on the outside.
About three years ago, I opened a ham on Christmas day (don't remember the brand, but name brand) and it smelled AWEFUL. Threw it away and never got another perishable item from there. Was burned on Vegetables from there long ago when they were rotted in the middle. I've even had bad luck with getting Christmas nuts that were good from Wal-Marks. Must be the heat down here. :bounce: