Leveling kits

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Just got a 2018 F-150 4x4 and am thinking about putting a leveling kit on it. I do a lot of driving...60K+ a year just for work. How much is the kit going to eat into my mileage? I have been told everything from 2-3mpg to I wont be able to tell a difference. Only had it a couple weeks and so far am very pleased with the mileage, it has the 5.0 not ecoboost 6cyl.

IIICrkRepr

On my old truck the leveling kit by itself did nothing until I stuffed the larger tires under it the kit allowed.

transfixer

Leveling kit isn't going to affect your mileage, but larger/heavier tires will if you choose to add those.

Reactions: Dub

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Decided to go ahead and have it done. I will run the stock Hancook 275/55/20's. when they wear out I might go up to 285's but no bigger

paulito

Just got an upgrade to a 2018 f150 from a 2013. i took my 295/65/r18's off my old truck and put on my new. No rub at all even at full lock. Still getting almost 19 MPG highway although admittly i have not gotten my new truck box in the truck yet with all my tools. I did see about 1-2 mpg loss on my 2013 going to the bigger tires.

Reactions: Dub

grady white

I have a 2014 F-150 Ecoboost and when I added a 2 inch leveling kit and 275/65/20's my mileage dropped 2-3 miles per gallon , and I hand check it ...the trucks computer is about 1 MPG off , I agree , it's the tires that get you . With an E rated tire it's going to ride a little rougher too even running them at 40-45 psi. You may get slightly different results on mileage with the 5.0, if you run them at 60 to 80 psi ...it will ride extremely rough and the tires will wear in the center

joelb

I lost about 2mpg on my 2013 F150 FX4 after adding a 2" level and 35" tires. Did it at the same time though but I'm sure most of mine is from the tires.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I don't want to talk mileage. 8 inches of lift and 35's. Ha ha

2006 F150

transfixer

There is a happy medium with some trucks, for instance my 1999 F350 4wd I used to have was supposed to have 265/75/16 tires on it, but got better mileage with 285/75/16's, sometimes you can go up one size from stock and help mileage, but when you jump 3 or 4 sizes it deteriorates, there is a big weight difference among tire brands also, you can compare the weights before you buy and avoid some of the heavier tires, which will kill mileage.