Light weight cammo for hot weather?

Al33

What do you use or recommend?

I am going to redo my hunting wardrobe this year and I'm looking for some light weight cammo clothing for early bow season and turkey season. Because I will be using it mostly to turkey hunt, it needs to be durable and not easily torn apart by briars and such.

TIA for your recommendations.

stev

Banned
mossyoak has new 3-d stuff out that i have and the briers dont take the leaf off.the pants are $69 top $79 i think cant remember.

Greg Tench

Al, I like the mossy oak treklite in the obsession pattern for late season turkeys.;)

Dub

A buddy of mine had a couple of sets of Mossy Oak patterned high tech matterial camo....really light and it wicked moisture away quickly. He said it was like wearing nothing. I believe the fabric was cooltech or something like that.

Jeff Phillips

Al - Are you going to retire the "Camel-Flage"?????:D

Lostoutlaw

The ones I got are made of some stuff like fish net only smaller The man that made them passed away some time ago and they are great so I have to really take care.
Got a sewing mach. you could get the matrl. and make some that is what a friend of mine his wife says she might be able to do it.

Al33

Jody Hawk said:
Al, you'd look cute hunting in shorts.:rofl:

Thank you Jody, that does wonders for my self esteem.:bounce:

I can see this new wardrobe is going to be VERY expensive.:cry:

Thanks for all the tips folks, now it's time to start shopping. None of the stores near me have much of anything to choose from. My so called "Super" Wal-Mart is anything but super. Heck, they don't even have cammo gloves out anymore and absolutely NO cammo clothing.

I tried Dick's and all they have left is the 2XL and bigger stuff.:(

I suppose Cabella's is about the most expensive, am I correct?

Al33

01Foreman400 said:
What are you wanting to buy (specifically)?

Darrell
Just some shirts and pants, maybe three each, but at $75 per set. that's alot of $.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Al, You may want to give Arrow Flinger a call and see what they have at the new store....Just a thought.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
treklite pants and underarmour shirt. The trek lite is a must you can get by with trek lite shirt in lieu of the under armour as well

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
remember this pic AL?

knees.jpg

GobbleAndGrunt78

This past bow season I tried a new setup. I bought a set of Endura Skins (top and bottom). I got them at Bass Pro. They are a tight fitting under garment/base layer. It wicks sweat away very well and more importantly it cuts scent down well. It has a special silver ion fabric in it that kills bacteria, preventing them from holding odor. I then wear my mesh bug suit over the top of this. I won't lie, it takes some time to get used to the tight fit of the Endura Skins. It even feels kind of odd when wearing them with the mesh bug suit, it's all very light and you almost feel naked because a breeze cuts right through them!!! I also noticed something that is awesome about the Endura Skins, yet over looked by the manufacturer's marketing dept......the tight fit makes them tick proof!!! :flag:

al, i don't think you can beat military clothing for the price. bdu's are built way better than designer camo, and work just as good. try some of the usmc lightweight ripstop.

TJay

I like that Super Mesh stuff, it's got little tiny holes all over it. BPS has the best selection and it's pretty reasonable.