loading deer by yourself

BASS1FUN

coolbreezeroho

If you have an old ladder that would fit into your truck bed you can cut out a step or two. Then strap the deer to the ladder. have the ladder close to the tail gate. Step in between the ladder and raise it up to on the edjes of your tailgail Step out from between the ladder or go under it. Then go to the backend and pickup and slide the deer in on it

Elkbane

I built a deer loader for my cart. A friend found an old section of safety ladder at a commercial site - like a ladder used to climb up to an overhead metal catwalk - we sawed it off 4' long. I had a fab shop build some brackets that bolt to the underside the back step on the cart. We drilled holes through sides of the safety ladder rails and bolted the ladder section to the cart, so that it swivels from upright position to lay down for use.

Drag a deer sideways up on the ladder in the down position, pick up on the end of the ladder and the deer body gets dumped on the rear step. Tie the ladder back in place in an upright position and drive back to camp.

Back up golf cart 3' from tailgate, let deer ladder down to rest on tailgate, grab deer and slide it up the ladder into truck bed.

Anybody want a picture PM me and I;ll send you one you can post.
Elkbane

Last edited:

shootemall

I just shoot small deer so I can lift them in... seriously though, I've made ramps out of a board I keep in my truck bed to drag them up. I also like to find a terrain feature that allows me to drag deer on it (hill, cut out, Boulder), then park truck next to it and staircase it into the bed, or if I'm lucky, slide it down into the bed. Kinda like a loading dock.

sleepr71

I’ve often thought about trying to find an old delivery truck, with the ramp on the back that lets things roll down to the ground or roll the roll it up into the truck. A five or 6 foot section of that, will lay down in your pick up bed, and make life so much easier for getting something up into the bed. Especially if you keep a come along in the bed… You can pull just about anything up there:)

sleepr71

Another idea is a Youth size,sit in Kayak.A good,4-5 ft rope,sturdy handle..and it will slide through + over obstacles. Plop the deer into Kayak & should make for an easier drag. I’ve seen them Cheap on FB Marketplace,at Estate sales,etc.

Shadow11

It wasnt fun but i finally got one on the back racks of my 4 wheeler this morn. I just hope my neighbors weren't watching. I was shooting for the front racks due to the hill/creek i had to cross. I stood on the front racks and tried to pull it up twice. I fell off both times. I landed on top of the deer the 2nd time. I finally pulled it up the rear fender onto the back racks. I came real close to flipping backwards going up the creek bank though. I've done that b4 with firewood. Not fun! Luckily I got it to sit down this morn

frankwright

It's blurry, but that looks like my big bear 400. I was sitting here for a second trying to figure out when i posted that lol
Mine too. 2001, just ordered first new set of tires for it!

Attachments

• ATV Loaded down.jpg
    ATV Loaded down.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 10

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
That's xzackly what I did with my 30 point buck.

Did you need a picture? You Vols sure do have some hurt feelings now a days! That 38-10 whipping has put you boys in HIDING! :rofl:
398670031_6736081579816807_2343885305644775151_n.jpg

Lilly001

This works pretty well. Less than $100 when I bought it ten years ago.
The new models are twice that $$.
I just ordered one.
It’ll work on any vehicle with a 2” hitch.
And it’ll double as a skinning hoist.