Local Barber Shop, Great clips, or other?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
A real barber at a real barbershop with deer heads hanging all over the walls and hunting and gun magazines to read while you wait.

Oldstick

A real barber at a real barbershop with deer heads hanging all over the walls and hunting and gun magazines to read while you wait.

We have one of those here in town as well, operated by a lady, plus sports or men's stuff on the TV. But flip a coin as to whether you want to go in on a given day. Depends on how talented the current staff happens to be.

:biggrin2:

ucfireman

Old thread I know,
I have been using clippers and cutting my own for 15+ years,
Still got a decent head of hair though.
I have decided to start letting it get a little longer (can only get it about 3/4 on top with the clippers and guard but want it 1.25+) on top and part it down the middle, Called it "wings" when I was a kid.
Anyway been going to a barber shop the last 2 times.

My Gosh its high.
Mid January it was 24.00 for a cut, today was 26.00. I guess he went up because he did some painting.
Anyway, for those that still use a barbershop, what do yall pay?
This is Snellville Ga.

basstrkr

Middle Ga is $12 to $14.

A friend of ours was beautician and cut my hair for 30 years. She retired, she didn't have any tats or nose bobs. I sure do miss her. Price was $10 the whole time.

Mauser

I’ve got 2 barbershops in Albany ga,and one in Abbeville Al that I go to. They are all between 15$-18$. Main thing for me is they have to take walk ins and can use a straight razor on my neck.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Old thread I know,
I have been using clippers and cutting my own for 15+ years,
Still got a decent head of hair though.
I have decided to start letting it get a little longer (can only get it about 3/4 on top with the clippers and guard but want it 1.25+) on top and part it down the middle, Called it "wings" when I was a kid.
Anyway been going to a barber shop the last 2 times.

My Gosh its high.
Mid January it was 24.00 for a cut, today was 26.00. I guess he went up because he did some painting.
Anyway, for those that still use a barbershop, what do yall pay?
This is Snellville Ga.

$25 in the 30341, not far from you but I've been going to him for decades and he's almost like family. I told him he can't retire until I die.

DannyW

In my earlier years, I got mine cut at a fancy-smancy place called "Erik of London's" in Doraville next to the old Zayre's store. (Zayre's, for those unfamiliar, was Georgia's answer to Walmart, before we got Walmarts here.)

These days it's great clips every 3 months whether it needs cutting or not, $18 plus $5 tip.

My wife calls it a drive-by haircut.

specialk

$25 in the 30341, not far from you but I've been going to him for decades and he's almost like family. I told him he can't retire until I die.
is he in chamblee plaza, where the old mason building is/was?....

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
is he in chamblee plaza, where the old mason building is/was?....

He used to be until the new owners jacked his rent. He's in the strip mall up the hill and behind Chamblee Plaza now.

specialk

got a thai lady been doing mine (beard-stache trim too) for 20+ trs....i give her 40.00....she drives the school bus and cuts out of her house....she'll cut me whenever i need it, even on sunday if i request.....

specialk

He used to be until the new owners jacked his rent. He's in the strip mall up the hill and behind Chamblee Plaza now.
yeah, i use to go in the old toy store gandy dancers years ago and could see all the deer heads hanging up in there....

BeerThirty

Since COVID my wife has been cutting all our hair (me and the 3 boys). Saves us $120 every 3-months or so.

Great Clips was our go-to pre-COVID. At the time I want to say it was $15. I always paid with a 20 and tipped the balance.

Just recently my oldest son wanted to try something new. He didn't trust my wife and he wanted input from a "pro". So we took him to a barber. The way this old barber dude laughed at my son when he asked about a perm was hillarious. Still about $15 at the barber.

ATLFalconsfan80

I shave my head, I used to skimp on the clippers and buy the $30 clippers and when they went bad, about every 6 months, I would buy another one. I eventually bought some clippers that cost more money, about $80. going on almost 2 years and they are still going good.