I got the devil in my ear...

Core Lokt

I treat people the way I want to be treated but then again, the people I hang around don't treat me bad at all either. I also get along with my coworkers very well.

With that said I will not let someone rum me over either.... But I really don't have to worry about that.

OP- don't turn to the way of the world. It needs more people in it like you :cheers:

oldways

I agree with this its easy to take the low road and get down on there level. But a smart man keeps his head about him once the fight starts. Good luck and I agree the world needs more folks like you..

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
There is a difference in speaking the truth and being an hind part expelling orifice. I can tell my children and grand children the truth with out being a complete jerk. They still may not like what I am saying, but I don't have to insult them, use foul language or yell and scream to tell them the truth.
This is the truth.I be,I've in telling people what they need to know,not what they want to hear.

Redbow

I speak what is on my mind if others don't like that so be it. I can do that without cursing or ranting and raving with another person, I expect the same from them. The Holy Bible says a kind word turns away wrath and I believe that. Just because another person does not agree with my logic in life doesn't mean that I hate them, I don't. I try to get along with everyone that I come into contact with in this world but I also realize with some that is not possible.

Core Lokt

I think the original question (I may be wrong) was do you want to get back at others that wrong you per se, not so much as speaking your mind if someone want to hear it or not. Correct me if I'm wrong, I can take it :)

Waddams

I think there's a difference between being brutally honest and honestly brutal. I think there's a bunch of folks that think they're being brutally honest but all their doing is being honestly brutal.

I think speaking your mind, not holding back, and being truthful while still being kind, considerate, and not using it as a chance to also be degrading to someone is the key. There's also probably some kind of wisdom of holding your tongue until you are prompted to weigh in. The person you'll aggravate the most by offering unwanted input is yourself, no matter how right you are.

I no longer sacrifice peace of mind in order to be right. I'm happy to let people be wrong all day long as long as it doesn't impact me. And if it does, I'll sometimes look to change something so they being wrong stops impacting me instead of trying to correct 'em, then let 'em ask about the change.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I turned 50 in December 2022.
Now that I'm old I have started wondering how old I have to be to be that old coot that just says what ever he wants when ever he wants.
I want to be that crazy old man.

It has some advantages but it also has a heap of disadvantages. Plus it hurts.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I turned 50 in December 2022.
Now that I'm old I have started wondering how old I have to be to be that old coot that just says what ever he wants when ever he wants.
I want to be that crazy old man.
my mom said for the wimmin folk, it was around 74 or 75. It might start a year or two earlier for the men folk.

She said at that age, you can say whatever you want, and they will just look at you and think you have slipped a cog

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I probably am too. One thing I have learned is that the less I`m around people the more tolerant I am of them. I`m turning into the recluse that was our Grandfather.
I have to get out around folks that I like every now and then. It's important to spend time with folks you like, both for yourself and for them. You got to make the effort and not expect them to come to you. Interest in other folks is the highest compliment.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I probably am too. One thing I have learned is that the less I`m around people the more tolerant I am of them. I`m turning into the recluse that was our Grandfather.
Sometimes, I would like to spend a year in the woods by myself.

Latest posts