I got the devil in my ear...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes, I would like to spend a year in the woods by myself.
Nic, you can come with me, though. We can get up in the morning, build up the fire, make coffee, down a shot of Knob Creek, and grunt at each other before we wander off to plunder around individually. :bounce:

slow motion

I think this is similar to the discussion on whether you give to panhandlers or folks with a sign saying they need help. I'm a soft touch or gullible if you will but I believe it's necessary for both. In this instance some people, sure I fall into this category occasionally, need their feelings hurt to snap out of a tailspin. And sometimes people need a gentler approach. Just my .02 after a sip of bourbon.

slow motion

Nic, you can come with me, though. We can get up in the morning, build up the fire, make coffee, down a shot of Knob Creek, and grunt at each other before we wander off to plunder around individually. :bounce:
You're gonna have to find a mountain with a swamp nearby.

Core Lokt

I think this is similar to the discussion on whether you give to panhandlers or folks with a sign saying they need help. I'm a soft touch or gullible if you will but I believe it's necessary for both. In this instance some people, sure I fall into this category occasionally, need their feelings hurt to snap out of a tailspin. And sometimes people need a gentler approach. Just my .02 after a sip of bourbon.
I had a Sundays school teacher (RIP MR. Ron) that would talk about this. At one point he wouldn't give anything because he knew they would buy booz, drugs or baccer with the money. Years later with is walk with the Lord he started giving a little to the homeless.

His take on it was they could ask and say they would buy food or needed items but if they didn't they would have to answer to the Lord about that in the end.. He was content giving.

sinclair1

I've always been one to take the high road. It's how I was raised, it's part of my faith and, honestly, it just seems like the common sense "right" thing to do as a decent human being.

But the older I get, the more and more the little voices in my head are tempting me not give a hoot. I'm just tired of being the guy that tries to mind his own business, stays chill, bites his tongue, takes the chewing or backs down to deescalate. If someone can wrong you, why is it not acceptable to return the favor in a similar fashion? Why is it acceptable for "the other person" to get away with it, but then when you react with the same behavior, you get chastised because "you know better"? Frankly, I'm beginning to believe if someone can make me feel like trash, then I have every right to do the same.

I remember being a kid around my grandfather. He was always ornery, cussing and didn't have much of a filter but.... you know what? He always spoke the truth and what was on his
I am attempting the opposite. Trying to be nice as I get older.

Redbow

Sometimes, I would like to spend a year in the woods by myself.
But with a good dog to keep you company. I have had what you posted on my mind many times, just peace and solitude with the wind whispering in the trees and animal sounds to relax by.

Latest posts