I got the devil in my ear...

BeerThirty

I've always been one to take the high road. It's how I was raised, it's part of my faith and, honestly, it just seems like the common sense "right" thing to do as a decent human being.

But the older I get, the more and more the little voices in my head are tempting me not give a hoot. I'm just tired of being the guy that tries to mind his own business, stays chill, bites his tongue, takes the chewing or backs down to deescalate. If someone can wrong you, why is it not acceptable to return the favor in a similar fashion? Why is it acceptable for "the other person" to get away with it, but then when you react with the same behavior, you get chastised because "you know better"? Frankly, I'm beginning to believe if someone can make me feel like trash, then I have every right to do the same.

I remember being a kid around my grandfather. He was always ornery, cussing and didn't have much of a filter but.... you know what? He always spoke the truth and what was on his mind. For that reason, people didn't like being around him much. But I will say this: now that I'm older and understand better, it's almost like I have an appreciation and admiration for people like this. Sure, they might be jerks and not have many friends, but at least you know where they stand and they don't have to sugar coat anything.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Been like that for the for years. My wife hates it. Always flapping her gums about how I need to get the filter between my brain and mouth fixed.

Folks do not want to hear the truth, and can't handle it when they do.

bass4fun

Resist the temptation to change. Very few decent people now-a-days. You sound like a dying breed. But remember these Words:
He said:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
There is a difference in speaking the truth and being an hind part expelling orifice. I can tell my children and grand children the truth with out being a complete jerk. They still may not like what I am saying, but I don't have to insult them, use foul language or yell and scream to tell them the truth.

I don't always succeed in treating them as I should, but I am trying awfully hard to do that.

BeerThirty

There is a difference in speaking the truth and being an hind part expelling orifice. I can tell my children and grand children the truth with out being a complete jerk. They still may not like what I am saying, but I don't have to insult them, use foul language or yell and scream to tell them the truth.

I don't always succeed in treating them as I should, but I am trying awfully hard to do that.
I think you're onto something, about the delivery.

I've traditionally taken your approach. Not using insults, foul language or screaming. The devil is tellin me maybe I should.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?

I don't think any of us are talking about children and no one mentioned screaming. I'm talking about folks that know better.

slow motion

Resist the temptation. I try to live and let live. Honestly I've found that even the ornery ones, when treated with respect, will treat you differently as well. Dang few people in this world ain't worth knowing. Though some are difficult to be around for long.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I've never had a problem speaking my mind about anything.

And if you stay away from stupid people in your life, it makes it easier.

Last edited:

slow motion

I've never had a problem speaking my mind about anything.

And if you stay away from stupid people in your life, it makes it easier.
I don't know Slayer. You've put up with me. Was just a few minutes at a time though so maybe that don't count. :LOL: