Local Range vandalized

DKing

I'm not sure what board this fits in, and so I'm sure if a new intro to creekside isn't appropriate here Nicodemus will happily move it for me. :bounce:
Backstory:
Creekside Firing Range is a local Atlanta area outdoor range. They host a variety of classes, allow FA, welcome suppressors and SBR's, have AR-15 giveaways and offer LEO/Mil discounts and family memberships. The rule is it's all fair as long as it's all safe.

But that's not good enough for some. No a group of "concerned citizens" are up in arms over the noise. They've filed lawsuits against the club and the owner personally. Involved him in a lengthy legal battle that even with extensive (and often pro bono) work provided by John Monroe (Vice President of Georgia Carry.org) and when all of that failed, petitioned the county to enact an ordnance which would effectively close the range. Dozens of people flooded the Bartow county courthouse Tuesday night in support of the range. Despite a poetry reading entitled "Creekside must go" and a temper tantrum hissy fit which sent one protester screaming out into the hallway, the committee recommended 7-0 that the club be allowed to remain open. The protesters are taking their petition to the commissioner himself who could in theory enact the ordinance over the committee's recommendation. The night before the commissioner's hearing this happened...

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

There is another hearing on the vote scheduled for July 8th. We'll keep you posted.

Here's the letter from Creekside's owner
As most of you know I operate Creekside Firing Range. The county that I am in has a hearing on Monday night at 6:00 p.m. in the courthouse. They have a new amendment that is going up in front of the planning and zoning committee. Of course there will be some there that want me shut down but there will also be plenty there in support of us. The amendment is way to long to put on here, but here is a brief description. They are trying to contriol hours of operation, how many people shoot at one time, the rate of fire that can be shot. They are also trying to change the acreage that you must have, lengths from the property line, madated bullet traps to their specs, and the big one is that no personal protection, law enforcement training, or special tactical shooting skills.

Guys this will definitely put a damper on my range becuase I don't know if I can afford all the changes they are asking for and really don't know if I can meet all the requirements, and also will almost definitely close the Adairsville range( they are saying you must have 100 acres and Steve does not have that).

I will be back on here periodically with some updtaes. Also nobody freak out, we are not going anywhere and are open as usual. Worst case scenario, they pass it and I have one year to confrom to their new regulations but we are trying to stop it before it gets to that. Yes we already know about the Georgia Range protection act and we have notified the NRA as well.

Sara5229

Hello - I actually live over here in Applewood and spoke on behalf of the gun range on Monday night. I just drove by the range on my way home and saw the spray paint mess - the people who did it also spray painted C U at 10:00 in Joe's driveway. One of the points I made at the meeting was that this was an issue of people getting carried away and emotional and the people for the amendments were not being factual. I mentioned I was very disappointed to see some of the nasty emails and flyers passed around my neighborhood - this takes it to a whole other level. I hope the idiots get caught and am so sorry for Joe to have to deal with these boobs!

slip

Retired Moderator
picked a bad place, and bad bunch of people to mess with...

consitering the law well be on their side if they have to defend them selfs from the protesters.:shoot:

wonder how many people have been killed at that range anyway, since there's so many evil guns there ya know?

R

redneckcamo

looks like yall are dealin with some real classy folks ...... I hate too hear this liberal gun hatin junk ........ these people are just plain morons !

Skunked

I hate that someone/s vandalized a shooting range. Why can't people just deal with the fact that they bought a house near a shooting range. I am sure that most everyone who bought a house within a mile radius of the property was notified that there was a shooting range close by(that is a law that real estate agents are required to follow). On a side note, whoever did the vandalism is very stupid to go to a gun range to do something like that, especially in today's times.

Crickett

Little Lady
Wow. That is just crazy. A friend recommended this range to me the other day & I am looking forward to going out there to shoot my Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm for the 1st time. Some people are so low. If they don't like the noise then they can just move.

shortround1

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm not sure what board this fits in, and so I'm sure if a new intro to creekside isn't appropriate here Nicodemus will happily move it for me. :bounce:
Backstory:
Creekside Firing Range is a local Atlanta area outdoor range. They host a variety of classes, allow FA, welcome suppressors and SBR's, have AR-15 giveaways and offer LEO/Mil discounts and family memberships. The rule is it's all fair as long as it's all safe.

But that's not good enough for some. No a group of "concerned citizens" are up in arms over the noise. They've filed lawsuits against the club and the owner personally. Involved him in a lengthy legal battle that even with extensive (and often pro bono) work provided by John Monroe (Vice President of Georgia Carry.org) and when all of that failed, petitioned the county to enact an ordnance which would effectively close the range. Dozens of people flooded the Bartow county courthouse Tuesday night in support of the range. Despite a poetry reading entitled "Creekside must go" and a temper tantrum hissy fit which sent one protester screaming out into the hallway, the committee recommended 7-0 that the club be allowed to remain open. The protesters are taking their petition to the commissioner himself who could in theory enact the ordinance over the committee's recommendation. The night before the commissioner's hearing this happened...

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

There is another hearing on the vote scheduled for July 8th. We'll keep you posted.

Here's the letter from Creekside's owner
they ca:banana:::ke:::ke:n go pound sand!