LSU vs Auburn

Bow Only

The call was correct. The rule has been in place for several years and this year, they increased the penalty to a personal foul. I was less than 20 yards from the play when it happened. Saban admitted it was a penalty. Tubberville implemented a strategy of field position that worked all day long. We crossed their 50 yard line 7 times, they crossed ours only 3. It was hard fought on both sides and Auburn is fortunate to come away with the victory. Both defenses are good, but I think LSU's defense is better. I also think Auburn's offense is better than LSU's.
Auburn is in the driver's seat now in the West and has a tough Citadel game coming up. Well, how bout a night game in Neyland Stadium then. Tennessee's running game scares me and with Ainge's passing, it's not looking good for Auburn. One big game down, several more to go. We'll just have to wait and see how things will turn out.

GeauxLSU

Bow Only said:
I was less than 20 yards from the play when it happened. Saban admitted it was a penalty.
Bow, you were ON the field? What do you do? That's go to be sweet.
What else would Saban say? It's not his style to complain about calls, ever. that's what the fans are for. ;)
Regardless, it's a 'L' for LSU. TN and FL are the best teams in the SEC, or they certainly were last week. The west is going to be a battle. I just sure hope it doesn't come down to the "head to head" tie breaker for LSU/AU and LSU lose based on that game. Oh well, such is life in the SEC if it does... :rolleyes:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Bow Only

Geaux, I actually was that close. I was on the bottom row in that endzone. Our group has 16 tickets on that row. Lots of TV and Jumbotron time from that spot. Enough cameramen took our picture that was for sure. When he caught that TD, it was loud, really, really loud. If we had a seismograph in Auburn, it would have registered for sure.

GeauxLSU

Bow Only said:
I was on the bottom row in that endzone.
Ah, DUH! I was thinking from the sidelines, since there's no way to be that close without being on the field. :eek:
From the replays on TV, it appeared he never crossed the line and he obviously landed on the LSU lineman. Weak call at best but it's done. No asterisk and it ain't gonna' change. It's a big fat loss and they are now ranked more appropriately.
LSU seismograph has registered before. :cool:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil