Lumber Suppler...

alex30808

Hey guys...I was wondering where some of the custom call makers get your lumber? I ask because the company I used to use has grown to the point that they no longer fill small board foot orders....seems that if you're not buying a "Truck Load" ( and I do mean a TRUCK LOAD) that you cant order from there any more...

I am looking for true 4/4 or 1" rough cut kiln dried Maple and Cherry. I am now also looking for an Exotic dealer aswell...

Thanks,

GADAWGS

I lucked out into meeting a guy in Arkansas that hooks me up with lots of different stuff.

Dudley Do-Wrong

Alex, I use Groff anf Groff (www.groffslumber.com), they usually have almost anything you want , will fill an order any size (I have ordered just 1 piece from them), and have quick delivery.

alex30808

I am heading to Suwannee tomorrow to look over some Maple and Cherry at Suwannee Lumber Co. I also found a dealer in Atl that deals in Exotics...but dont sell by the borad foot..he sells by the whole board and will not cut to order...so...I am going right by him in the morning and will be stopping off to check out his stock aswell.

GADAWGS

Check over at Rockler while you are in town. They have a good supply of exotics

deadend

I am heading to Suwannee tomorrow to look over some Maple and Cherry at Suwannee Lumber Co. I also found a dealer in Atl that deals in Exotics...but dont sell by the borad foot..he sells by the whole board and will not cut to order...so...I am going right by him in the morning and will be stopping off to check out his stock aswell.

If you are talking about Carlton Mclain's shop it is a good place to go.

alex30808

I only got by Peach State Lumber...I never made it to the Suwannee Lumber Co. Peach State had every thing I needed except the Bocote...so I've still got to find a dealer for it...now....where is Rockler and Carlton Mclain's? Is Carlton a dealer/supplier?

GADAWGS

Rockler is on Roswell Rd just outside I285 on the right as you head north on Roswell Rd. They have a very good selection of exotics, but dont recall seeing any bocote. You could try Woodcraft on Holcombe Bridge Rd, they usually have that. Never heard of Carlton

deadend

Carlton's place was down by Ga. Tech if it is still open. He has some crazy exotic stuff and burls. Good place to go look. ph# 404.876.1144

GADAWGS

Alex,
Send me your money and I will go shopping for ya at Carlton's place

alex30808

Thanks yall. I'll be calling Carlton...I've heard of him now that you mention the Ga Tech and the crazy exotics...never been there...but have heard of him.