Attachments

• mathews no cam.png
    mathews no cam.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 2,260

BlackEagle

Banned
Just watched the video on youtube.

Not impressed so far....

Would like to see this bow shot in super slow motion.

Smackem

Oddly enough, it kinda has my attention, but not really. It is no big secret that best thing Mathews has going is their marketing team.

MossyCreek

They are saying complete new cam system but the way the cables are routed it looks to be a 2 track binary?

hoythunter1861

Interested to see how the let-off is. I watched the video today on youtube, and yea the draw looks smooth, there didn't seem to be a valley or anything. It looks like an interesting concept, but not sold yet

Smackem

They are saying complete new cam system but the way the cables are routed it looks to be a 2 track binary?

What i find interesting is its a "no cam" bow, but in the video they talk about how many different cams they tested, for a, uh, "no cam" bow.

Smackem

Interested to see how the let-off is. I watched the video today on youtube, and yea the draw looks smooth, there didn't seem to be a valley or anything. It looks like an interesting concept, but not sold yet

I agree. It's an interesting contraption, but I find mcphersons guitars a lot more appealing than his bows.

work2play

Man, that's as ugly as pooting in church!

chrismhaase

For a novice bow hunter, what would a no cam offer that a dual or single does? I know they said the arrow stays flatter but wouldn't it just correct itself prior to release? Also any Mathews fans out there? Not to be biased but it looks like a bunch of PSE and Hoyt guys got into the bashing. I really don't care what everyone shoots and their bias, I'm just trying to under stand the idea of no cams.

Soybean

interesting concept. at $1100 ill keep what i got for now. i believe the OP picture is of one of the target models. This is a pic of the HTR (hunter) model that is 32" ata. its not easy on the eyes but its growing on me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 2,111

Pneumothorax

For a novice bow hunter, what would a no cam offer that a dual or single does? I know they said the arrow stays flatter but wouldn't it just correct itself prior to release? Also any Mathews fans out there? Not to be biased but it looks like a bunch of PSE and Hoyt guys got into the bashing. I really don't care what everyone shoots and their bias, I'm just trying to under stand the idea of no cams.

No, no, no! You're doing it wrong! You MUST pick a brand and you MUST defend it fiercely. You must include it in all pictures you take. And you must bash all others. It's in the rules for this forum. Gotta be. Sheesh! :banginghe

chrismhaase

No, no, no! You're doing it wrong! You MUST pick a brand and you MUST defend it fiercely. You must include it in all pictures you take. And you must bash all others. It's in the rules for this forum. Gotta be. Sheesh! :banginghe

I agree. I'm just trying to understand the science behind it. I also have to say a 85% let off seems attractive for the longer holds. Just sayin.

HEADHUNTER11

Well i think it's going to be hard to beat my 60 pound chill R. I love the bow and the rock mods made it even sweeter. I'm not in the market for a new bow but can't wait to shoot this one. Most interested in the draw and valley

fullstrut

Going to shoot my Heli M a few more years. Im usually on a five year new bow cycle. I did expect more this year, but I will shoot one for sure.

Brian from GA

I know they said the arrow stays flatter but wouldn't it just correct itself prior to release?

I have not shot it or done any testing but if it works like the video says and does in fact have perfectly level nock travel then no it would not correct itself because there would be nothing to correct.

I have shot Mathews for years so do like them. On my Mathews I went to the heaviest stiffest arrow and it always tuned and shot fine, single or double cam. Last year for tournament season I shot a different brand and while the bow shot great it would not shoot a stiff arrow. I had to shoot linejammer carbon express in a 350 spine rather than the Gold Tip XCutter which is supposed to be a 300 or so spine but is probably stiffer than a 250. I blamed the fact that the other bow wouldn't shoot the stiff arrow on lack of level nock travel so I had to find a more suitably spined arrow for that bow.

Some people who hate Mathews will never give these bows a chance... understood. But the things that have me interested are the almost straight risers (should not fight against your grip like a highly reflexed bow can), the round cams (that should be smooth kind of like my Icon from several years ago with a round cam and an identical idler wheel), the fact that the berger button is almost exactly in the middle of the riser (so it should not be top heavy) and just well I like to shoot every new bow that comes out. :cool:

So I for one am excited about shooting it.

Brian from GA

One more thing.... Any time Mathews makes a change they spend the next few years refining it. Haters hate this "XT" approach but why not suck the best out of your technology. So I would expect several different variations next year.... faster, shorter, longer, etc.

fulltime

I saw one today but did not draw it back. but a buddy did, it has a wall for sure. He had a smile on his face after he drew it.