Mathews No Cam

deadbox

But it isn't in the carbon price range. It's $400 less. It's is about the same as all other flagship bows. Price isn't the issue. It does look different. But no other bow looks like it so it has a unique quality that will help sales I think. Not to me. But it is what everyone wanted. Seriously how much more evolution is there gonna be in the bow industry? I can't see it going much further.

cself

Just curious why is the appearance so important? Not trying to stab at anyone but the overall looks of a bow have never been a factor for me. function over fashion for me! I am not a guy who swaps bows very often I have only owned 2 so maybe I just don't get it.

Cole Henry

Just curious why is the appearance so important? Not trying to stab at anyone but the overall looks of a bow have never been a factor for me. function over fashion for me! I am not a guy who swaps bows very often I have only owned 2 so maybe I just don't get it.

Man i could not agree more! All I hear is how people want to bash Mathews because the Geo grid riser is "ugly" or it looks "hideous". Personally I am strictly a bowhunter and do not care what it looks like. My bow is a TOOL that helps me be successful on the hunt. I do not buy a new wrench set at Sears because it looks appealing to the eye, I buy it to get a job done. I could care less what it looks like or what color my string, loop, arrows, fletchings, rest are to match the rest of my bow. I'm pretty sure none of the bucks i've killed cared what my bow looked like. I just want to have confidence in my equipment that it is going to push an arrow down range accurately and as quite as possible. But hey we all have our own opinions and that is just me.

Cole Henry

However I believe it to be doing the same thing as a cam in a different way. No real innovation just using a different lever.

So I guess it is safe to say that Hoyt also had no new innovation this year with their new cable guard design since it is basically doing the same thing but just a lever flipped around in the opposite direction?

7mmMag

I was going to get the evolution this year, then I shot the no cam. I'm not completely sold yet, but I did like it. 65lb draw 85% let off 29" draw felt pretty good to me. Like other post said kind of ugly. I guess im ocd but i like my equipment to function but also look good at the same time. If i pay 1k for something i want to look at it and say it looks good glad i spent that money. Also the new z2 bow is exactly the old z7 with a new grip. I asked the sales guy about it. Im wainting on it to shoot it before i make my decision. Its price is $699. I shot the new bow tech not impressed at all.

The Arrow Guru

So I guess it is safe to say that Hoyt also had no new innovation this year with their new cable guard design since it is basically doing the same thing but just a lever flipped around in the opposite direction?

You would be correct. It's fashionable to say they are changing the game, and although there are improvements the overall system isn't revolutionary. I do like the cable guard in theory, moving in towards the riser. The way the cable "want" when draw. The offset riser design seems legit, but again I want to test it.

The Arrow Guru

It's like camo, 90% of it is made for hunters and not the hunted! Truth be told patterns like Natural Gear, Predator, and the new UA Ridge Reaper are as good as anything. The real trick is to break up the out line.